Chapter 22

Exhaling heavily as I run, I feel as if everything around me is ridiculous and surreal.

There's blood everywhere, staining the station like a crime scene. Bodies, some of dead curses, but mostly people.

I panic. How many civilians are still trapped here? I know I have to head to an area with subway tracks, I need to get to one of the stops: Shibuya. But how do I do it?

I stop my steps and catch my breath, trying to focus. There it is, Gojo Satoru's powerful cursed energy. It's one floor below, and at the same time, I sense another and another. One must be Kenjaku, but I'm not sure about the other, probably the Gokumonkyo.

My steps quickly head towards some stairs, deciding to ignore the automatic ones. Everything is destroyed, with some drops falling from the ceiling, and even malfunctioning lights.

As I approach, I notice it's familiar, and I still see some people, alive, paralyzed, and then an explosion occurs. I don't know who attacked whom, but my hands instinctively search the ground. I focus on the people still trapped in the station and concentrate on the road above us.

Exhaling, I feel light-headed, as if I'm about to nod off to sleep.

"Ah, we have company," Kenjaku mocks.

My blurry vision turns to the front; Satoru looks at me with concern, his eyes shining a beautiful light blue from his technique. A pang of pain and sadness pierces my chest.

"Y/n!" Satoru exclaims, but in that instant, a curse resembling a centipede traps me with its large pincers and follows Kenjaku.

"So, that's your technique? Teleportation?" I complain, squirming, which causes the curse to tighten its grip. I'll end up getting cut if I keep moving.

"Tsk," I mutter, spitting to the side. "That's not all."

"Let her go!" Satoru shouts furiously. Kenjaku turns to look at him with a smug smile.

Now that I notice, Kenjaku doesn't look fresh at all, in fact, Choso or Mahito aren't nearby so they fought! Which makes a lot of sense, the story changed, and that's why Satoru wasn't sealed instantly, because he knew what would happen.

Hmm... so Jogo must have taken advantage and escaped to give Yuji the fingers... I see.

"Isn't it me the one you want?" the albino challenges, his blue eyes ceasing to emit that bright glow.

"No, Satoru!" I shout desperately.

"Oh?" Kenjaku scoffs. "Now you give up?"

Satoru drops his arms heavily to his sides.

"Alright," Satoru exhales defeated, and my eyes fill with tears. "You win."

"No, Satoru!" I exclaim with desperate voice, my voice breaking with pain as tears stream down my cheeks.

Kenjaku chuckles lowly and releases the cube wrapped in strips in front of Satoru.

I squirm between the curse's pincers at the scene unfolding before me.

"Open, Confinement Prison," Kenjaku orders the Gokumonkyo, and instantly a burgundy screen prevents me from seeing Satoru. He's surrounded.

Then the screen transforms, allowing me to see him again. Thick strips trap him, his hands held behind his back, and his torso wrapped too.

"Let her go," he asks in a half voice, his face showing determination and something akin to calmness.

Kenjaku signals with his hand, and the centipede curse releases me, I fall to the ground as if I'm nothing, barely wincing at the impact. I end up on the floor, half sitting up with my arms supporting me.