Chapter 20

I don't know how long I've been trapped in this underground hideout. What I do know is that it's been a true hell.

After Choso attacked me with his penetrating blood, I lost consciousness from the intense pain. When I woke up, I was on the floor of a damp, dark room.

I'm still here, with no sense of time. I woke up without my phone, with a discomfort in my shoulder that seems somewhat treated and wrapped in a couple of bandages.

I suppose I haven't been here for much time, honestly, I don't know.

I'm thirsty and my stomach growls with hunger from time to time, but the small footsteps here and there that I suppose are from rats, and the dripping against the floor that occurs every few seconds, have me irritated and sick.

I'm weak and don't have the energy to try to get out of here; in fact, I feel completely unable to use my cursed energy at all.

I hear heavy footsteps, oh, it's a pair.

The door opens with a squeak that grates on my ears. I can barely see ahead with one eye squeezed shut; my sight has adapted so much to the darkness that the sudden light on the other side of the door hurts my eyes.

The footsteps continue into the disgusting, damp room, but I'm still unable to recognize which pair it is.

"Ugh" I hiss in pain when I'm grabbed under my shoulders and arms. I'm too weak to even walk; I can barely feel my feet on the floor.

Outside, it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light. I don't know how long it takes us, but suddenly I'm back in the 'room' again. Choso and Hanami are dragging me to Kenjaku, Mahito, and Jogo. They throw me to the floor over the shoulder that Choso attacked, and my scream of pain fills the room again.

I gasp briefly from pain, feeling dizzy and strongly nauseous. I don't want to, but it's possible I'll faint again if the pain continues like this.

As I try to control my breaths, I hear Mahito's laughter and a disapproving "Tsk, tsk, tsk" from Kenjaku.

I lick my dry lips and swallow, I have to be strong.

"Y/n, y/n, why do you choose the hard path?" Kenjaku asks with a fake concerned expression on his face.

"All we want is to chat with you~ and get to know you a little better."

I don't know what angers me more, that he's using the body of another one of my favorite husbandos or all of his lies. Still, it's curious; I didn't count on Mahito and his big mouth. Darn it... they've been following Satoru and me, as much as the others.

Mmm... I have to think of something, quickly, but the pain in my body makes it very difficult... I feel my thoughts clouded by mixed ideas... and it turns out I keep having brief images of my home.

I don't know what that means...

"Water" I say, my voice sounds dull; my throat hurts just from speaking.

Maybe I've been trapped for about two days at most. They sure need information, they're very desperate if they left me locked up for so long after Choso's attack, and do they think that will make me talk?

"Mmm, water? Don't you want food too? We can make a deal, if you want to eat and drink first, you'll have to talk" Mahito laughs after hearing Kenjaku.

Hmp, bastard. When I hear you scream like a coward, I'm going to laugh... again.

"Hmp" I laugh under my breath and try to sit on the floor, regardless of the fact that the movement makes my body ache "...you decide if I'm more useful to you alive or dead."