Chapter 9

⚠️ Warning: mentions of delicate topics such as Sukuna's peculiar diet. Also, lack of consent.⚠️

"When do you think they'll wake up?"

"Ieiri-san said anytime now."

"Y/n was very brave..."

"What she did was reckless, and in the end, it didn't accomplish anything."

"Come on, Fushiguro! Y/n-san wanted to help."

"Don't yell, Itadori!"

I squint my eyes before opening them; the ceiling light dazzles me, and I emit a groan, closing them again.

My body feels a bit numb, but I don't feel any pain.

"See!" I hear a thud and Yuji complaining.

It seems like Nobara has smacked him. Lol.

"Hey, guys," I murmur after rubbing my eyes.

Megumi is wearing the same pajamas as last time, the one with the gray shirt, Yuji is wearing a green hoodie, and Nobara a yellow one. They all have their gaze fixed on me. How adorable!

"Y/n-san, how are you feeling?" Yuji asks attentively. I nod with a soft smile.

"Y/n-san, you were reckless, and it was risky."

"Fushiguro, you don't have to be so harsh!" Nobara exclaims. I shake my head.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for worrying you," I scratch my neck uncomfortably. "I promise to be more careful in the future. And what about you guys, are you okay?"

Megumi crosses his arms with a furrowed brow, and Nobara mimics him, making the gesture almost simultaneously, unlike the teenager whose face shows a pout.

"Y/n, seriously... it was very dangerous," Nobara begins, "I thought you were a grade four sorcerer, and maybe that's why you weren't a sensei... Gojo explained to us that you don't have cursed energy. You're not a sorcerer at all!"

"That led us to ask Gojo-sensei why you're here," Megumi observes, "especially since you're not even someone he knows."

I nod to their words.

"Gojo-sensei told us you would explain everything," Yuji adds. I sigh.

"Well, I guess there's no point in hiding it anymore."

I start explaining to them basically that I'm from another dimension, where nothing they experience or prepare for daily exists. I hide the fact that they are fictional characters from an anime; they are teenagers, for God's sake... How would they react knowing they don't even exist?

I suppose Megumi wouldn't care, but Yuji and Nobara, who share the same neuron most of the time, will go crazy.

>> "The reason why your Sensei and Yaga allowed me to stay here is because... uh, how do I put this: I know what will happen in the future."

>> "Satoru believes they can use that information to get ahead of the higher-ups and prevent disasters... if that's the case."

I say.

Megumi raises an eyebrow, Nobara furrows her brow, and Yuji, with a lost gaze, seems to be receiving a signal from outer space.

"Well..." Megumi says, "That makes more sense than the excuse you made up." Nobara and Yuji nod.

Ugh, I feel a drop of sweat on my forehead out of embarrassment.

"Wait," Nobara seems to realize, "And yet, out of nowhere, you like Gojo?! How can you like that idiot?"