Special Treat

Enchanted Lake

Ben

Mal and I are riding on my bike through the forest. I can tell she is enjoying the ride. As I lead her to the spot she keeps her eyes closed as I guide her to the destination.

To make small talk I start, "Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone"

"Um... My middle name is Bertha"

"Bertha?"

"Yeah. Bertha. Just my mom doing what she does best. Being really, really evil. Mal Bertha"

"Mine's Florian"

"Florian?"

"Yeah"

“Oh, that's almost worse" She smiles.

"Watch your footing. Yeah. Are you good?" I ask, holding her hands.

"Mm-hmm"

"Now, step up. There you go. Are you ready?" I smile.

Mal: "Mm-hmm"

"Open. Go on"

The Enchanted Lake was where I brought her. I hear her gasp at the sight. Mrs. Potts cooked a little picnic for us, and I set it up before we got here. We settle down on the blanket as we start to eat and I ask, "Is this your first time?"

"Mm... We don't really date much on the island. It's more like... Gang activity"

"Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut?" I specify.

"Is it bad?"

"You got a... Just a... I mean, yeah, do this" I smile showing her.

"Mm-hmm. Gone? You can't take me anywhere, I guess"

- - - - - - - - - -

Remedial Goodness

Fairy Godmother

I love teaching. It has always been a passion of mine. When I started here after I helped Cinderella it was amazing. I had my first daughter Jacquelyn, but it broke my heart when she was taken and there was barely anything I could do. That’s why I;m not a huge fan of magic anymore. Magic can do anything, and yet, it couldn’t- it couldn’t save my daughter or help me find her. The only thing that makes me feel better is Jane. I don’t know what I would do without her.

It;’s been harder now that the VKs are here. Drizella’s daughter, Jackie, looks a lot like my Jacquelyn. It’s weird they have the same name, but it’s even harder that whenever I look at her I think of my daughter. She has the same dark hair and beautiful baby blue eyes. She even has dimples on her cheeks.

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat"

The monitor flickers on and reveals Maleficent, "I don't see anything, nor do I hear. Is it... is it... is..."

"Press enter," Jafar says.

"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!"

"Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful" Evil queen coos, "Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent spits.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella wonders.

“Fairy Godmother?” Drizella comes on.

"Yes this is Fairy Godmother" Jackie flushes, a little embarrassed.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?"

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." I state firmly. That girl was always something.

Maleficent joins in, "You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not...they were mice" I defend. How dare she.

Mal butts in, "Thank you so much. Thank you. Hi, mom"

Maleficent plasters on a fake smile before greeting her daughter, Mal! I m-m-miss you"

Jafar adds, "You children are never far from our thoughts"

“How long must mommy wait to see you?” Maleficent questions.

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that"

"When?" Maleficent demands.

"Friday, 10 A.M"

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much"

"Yes, I completely understand, mother" Mal strains. Poor girl.

"Carlos' ' Cruella says, moving her face closer to the screne, “is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs"

Carlos holds the dog tighter before spitting out, "He's the perfect size for a pet"

"Oh!"

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!"

"Oh!"

"So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar laughs.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella bites back.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones"

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors.”

“Will you all shut up?!” Drizella yells, “Jacquelyn are you working hard to get me off- help your dear mother?”

“Of course,” She nods.

“You better, the other brat is killing me. I don’t know how much longer I can take. This is too much work.”

“Dizzy is an angel”

“A tainted one. That no good little brat is draining the life out of me. Thank the gods I don’t have you here either.”

“How dare you.”

“Excuse me?”

“Dizzy is an angel, and a great sister. You don’t even care about her.”

“She’s not even your sister!” Drizella confesses.

“What do you mean?” Jackie yells.

Jay interrupts by raising his voice,"Enough!"

He turns off the monitor in a huff seeing all his friends miserable. Luckily his dad didn’5 make as big of a scene.

"I'm so sorry" I apologize. This treat had been terrible.

Jay makes sure to shoot me a smile, "Thanks for the special treat"

"Of course," I sigh. This did not go as expected. I wish it was better for the kids.

The group turns around and gets their things before walking out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jackie

"Guys? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us If we don't pull this off?" Eves asks.

Mal responds, "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... proud that we did our best."

I chuckle, “No way that’s happening.”

"Really?" Carlos gasps.

"No, I think we are definitely goners"

"Yeah" We all nod.