Tourney

Lockers

Jackie

It’s now the next day. I see Ben, Zander and Audrey walking past the lockers. Audrey had her eye watching the girls play with their new hairstyles obviously from Mal.

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know" Jay comments.

Mal flips, "Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!"

"Thanks, Mal. I needed that"

- - - - - - - - - -

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Audrey says.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jay walks over to the girls who started to squeal, "Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?"

"Yeah" They fangirl.

"Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal"

"Okay"

- - - - - - - - - -

Audrey flushes, "She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it"

"What's the harm?" Zander asks.

"It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?"

I see Zander roll his eyes and huff.

"Listen, Audrey..." Ben starts before Audrey says, "I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?"

"Okay" Ben nods.

"Bye, Bennyboo" Audrey says.

"Bye"

“See you bro I got to go” Zander says, shaking his head.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mal and us walk over and she says just Audrey does, "Hey, Bennyboo!"

Ben’s face gets brighter when he sees Mal, "Hey. Oh uh Jackie, Zander said he’ll pick you up at 4pm"

“Okay”

The group gives me a surprised look before Mal continues, "I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time"

"No, yeah. I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

"No, no, no"

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that" Mal plays.

"No, that's not it. No, no, no, I... I really do..."

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess" Mal sighs bringing the cookie up to her mouth.

Ben snatches the cookie and says, "No, no. Hey... see that? Totally trust you. Totally"

"How are they?"

"They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're, uh... I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they... is that walnuts? I love walnuts. I mean, uh, you know, the... The chocolate... The... the chocolate... The chocolate chips are... I'm sorry. Um... Uh, they're... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet..."

Ben pauses and then ask, "Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?"

"How are you feeling, bro?" Jay asks patting him on the shoulder.

"I feel... I feel... I feel like... Like singing your name. Mal, Mal" but Carlos quickly covers his mouth.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tourney Game Day

Jackie

I get ready too slow so I told Evie and Mal I would find them when I got there. But it is packed so I’m going to try and find a seat.

Looking around all areas are full, but I get to this one section that only a family is occupying. I scoot in just in time.

Announcer says, "This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals". He pauses then continues, "The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone.The Dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire"

"And now a substitution..." the announce, “He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield"

“Ooooo” the man says. I look over and they are all dressed fancy.

“When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the Tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. Jay makes a nice pass to Prince Ben through the kill zone"

"Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Philip the Falcons' goalkeeper!"

"23 seconds left”

Suddenly the girl screams, “Go Benny and Zander!!”

I look over and I realize I am standing woth the Queen and King and Zander’s little sister.

“Go Jay! Go Carlos!!” I yell.

They look over and I blush, “Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize”

“It’s okay honey” The woman says, “I’m Queen Belle”

“Hello your majesties” I smiles trying to remeber everything Evie said about the royals.

“Hi I’m Adam, the King.”

“I’m Arie, what’s your name?”

“I’m Jackie” I smile.

“Do you know my brothers Ben and Zander”

“I do” I tell her.

“Oh Jackie, are you Zander’s friend from Choral Class?” Queen Belle asks.

I nod.

“Wait you’re one of the new kids. The ones from the Isle?” Arie asks.

I nod again.

“So cool. I’ve always wanted to meet you guys. I was sick the other day but Benny and Zans tells me a lot about you guys.”

“He’s told me a lot about you” I lie a little.

“You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay" They say.

"He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever"

We all cheer and it was a great game.

"Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..."

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say." Ben says grabbing the mic from the guy.