The panthers stare at the slab of meat in awe, one of them reaching out a paw to investigate, only for the food to vanish before their eyes. 

Their confusion quickly gives way to excitement as a whole line of meat appears, leading them straight into a waiting van where Ladybug and I sit patiently.

We lock the back doors as the panthers jump in.

I share a proud highfive with Ladybug while nearby civilians cheer for us. 

The other two soon group up with us.

Expecting to share the victory, i walk up to Cat Noir for our classic fist bump. Cat Noir meeting me halfway with a smile only for it to fall when he realizes our other pair running away.

"Hey, where're you going?" questions Cat Noir as we turn to look at them.

Ladybug glances towards Rena and then back to us, a hint of guilt clouding her expression.

"Rena's about to transform back." she says.

Cat Noir's hands find their way to his hips, his cat-like ears twitching in annoyance.

"So you're allowed to know her true identity, but we're not?" he accuses, his gaze sharp and challenging.

"Because I have to get her Miraculous back." explains Ladybug, a small eye roll following her words.

Cat Noir's pout softens the seriousness of his words as he grumbles, "So what's our role, then? The ones who's always left in the dark? What else are you hiding from us?"

I simply look between them, feeling uncomfortable under the rising tension.

Just then, Rena Rouge's miraculous flashes.

"We really gotta go." she whispers nervously.

Ladybug's gaze flickers between us, a sigh of defeat escapes her lips.

"Okay, I'll talk to him about it." she declares.

"Him? Who's him?" i ask, tilting my head in confusion.

Ladybug chokes at my question before replying, "Uh...when the time is right, I promise."

With that, she follows Rena Rouge into an alley to retrieve her miraculous.

Beside me, Cat Noir stomps his foot in frustration.

"I hate secrets," he grumbles, his tone betraying his angry facade.

As we make eye contact, I can't help but wonder if there's more to his frustration than meets the eye. 

He looks away from me.

I'll try another day then.

"It was fun kitty cat. See you next time." i smile sincerely, gently waving to him before grappling away.

He waves goodbye as i turn my back.

Opting for a scenic route home, I detransform behind an alley and take a moment to feed my kwami before starting my walk. With each step, I breathe deeply, remembering how tired i was hero-ing today. 

I was definitely not happy with that.

Transitioning into a jog, I make my way towards my apartment, my feet splashing through a puddle along the way.

"Not sure if it rained today," i note before quickly dismissing the thought and moving on.

-------------------------------

Just moments after arriving home, the sound of my cat yowling in the kitchen jolts me into action. With Malika right behind me, I rush into the living room to find a soaked and furious Boo standing atop the counter, his back arched as he hisses at the rising water.