Chapter 8

Dark Cupid

"In most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess. Can anyone tell us why? Ms Bustier asks. I'm in literature right now and for once i'm actually interested in the lesson.

Rose, being herself, stands up and swoons, "Because only love can conquer hate!" Ms Bustier smiles, "Correct, Rose"

Rose sits back down with a dreamy look on her face, Juleka just looks at her with a 'i'm used to this BS' face. Rose notices and feeling quite vengeful leans in towards Juleka and whispers something i couldn't hear.

Juleka's face turns a shade of red i've never seen before as she places her head on her desk in embarrassment. Then for good measure Rose pats her on the back while looking back at me, showing a thumbs up with a cheeky smile.

"Trying really hard not to be nosy here but when she does that i NEED to know" i whine in my head.

"Adrien, I hope what you're writing has to do with my lesson." Ms Bustier calls out, walking up to Adrien who shamefully hides whatever he was writing. "Can you tell me what I just said?" she asks, "That's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate." Adrien answers fluently.

"Very good, Adrien! Now, everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault tonight and i expect your short poems to be finished by Friday! With that said, happy Valentine's day, students!" Ms Bustier says, just in time for the bell to ring. 

Adrien stands up abruptly with the piece of paper in his hand before crumpling it up and throwing it in the trash."I'm going to be nosy" i think with an innocent smile on my face, taking extra long to pack up.

Well i tried until i noticed Juleka and Rose waiting for me, i really bonded with the girls after that sleepover. Especially Juleka. A soft smile etches itself onto my face as i sigh, giving up on being a troublemaker for today as i speed up my packing to follow the girls out.

-----------------------------------------------------

I talk animately with the opposites. "By the way, i had a lot of fun on that sleepover so if you guys ever want to hang out again let me know, i basically got nothing going on" i say kind of embarrassed.

Rose's smile grows from excitement, "Of course! Ooo i have so many ideas!!" Her high voice rings out as she hooks her arm around my bicep. She talks on and on about everything and anything while Juleka and i just listen.

I glance beside me to see Juleka listening intently, except.. she seems a little unfocused. I trace the path of her eyes and notice she's looking at Rose's arm wrapped around mine. With a knowing smile i offer my arm out towards the pretty goth.

"Don't be shy" i wink, "Plenty of me to go around you know" i joke, followed by a quiet giggle. Juleka scoffs at my words but she wraps her arm around mine anyways. She takes the opportunity to get closer to me, surprisingly very comfortable even though she could barely look me in the eyes not long ago.

-----------------------------------------------------

After spending the rest of the school day with the duo i almost missed my original duo talking just outside the school entrance.

"I don't know what i'm going to do Alya, i can't figure out my real feelings" Mari whines, holding her head and shaking it viscously side to side. "Maybe you can write a poem, writing can help organize your thoughts" Alya encourages but Marinette look so distraught i can't help but approach them.

"Hey everything okay?" Marinette and Alya gasp at my sudden appearance, i tilt my head in confusion. Seeing as no one is speaking Alya tries to cover it up, "Yeah everything is good, Marinette is just having a dilemma."