Chapter 11

Animan

Today i woke up feeling like shit.

So i came to school feeling like shit. 

And something tells me people could feel it because everyone has been avoiding me like crazy.

I walk up to Max for help on the homework and he throws his homework at me before running away screaming.

I sigh in annoyance as i remember my delinquent days.

I mean- i even put the Queen Bee on guard when i 'politely' asked her to move out of the doorway so i could leave for free time.

I mean she did try a snarky comment but she couldn't even hold eye contact. 

Making it seem like i'm the one bullying her. 

I giggle at the irony.

But worst of it all, even my friends were avoiding me since nobody came up to me during break. I just sat on my phone the entire time, sulking.

Unaware of the constant piercing gaze that belonged to somebody too nervous to come up to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I felt like a mute by the end of school, talking to nobody as i kept a stern gaze on.

So i was a definitely caught off guard when Alix stopped me at the bottom of the stairs of the school entrance.

"Heyyy- Y/N, everything okay?" She asked nervously. Her fingers fidgeting with her hat in hand. Leaving her fluffy, red hair exposed.

My fingers twitch as i stare her down. I don't know what it is about Alix but she brings out my touchy side.

I almost forgot to respond to her question and i know my dead staring isn't helping her relax so i crack a smile and nod.

"Yep just in a mood today." i said, sighing before fully stepping off the staircase towards Alix. 

"But i feel a lot better now that you're here." I say with a cheery grin.

Classic and evil but what can i say, i like seeing Alix freak out.

And freak out she did. So much so that she had to take a few steps backwards so she can make sure she's still breathing properly.

"T-that's so- uhm great because i was wondering- uh you remember how you promised we'd go on more dates-?" Her voice gets gradually lower the more she went on, showing how nervous she actually was. 

"W-well i was thinking that maybe you'd want to go to the zoo with me today." She asked, so quietly she could rival Juleka's whispers.

I gasped suddenly, Alix instinctively jumps at the sudden noise.

"The one with the new panther exhibit!?" i asked excitedly, trying to control the growing smile on my face.

I'm a nerd.

But Alix could easily tell just by the way my eyes lit up and she instantly forgot about how angry i looked all day. 

So she really couldn't help herself when she also started getting excited.

I laugh in joy, "I have been dying to go to that zoo for awhile but i didn't know if it was worth the money." i admit bashfully before practically throwing myself on top of Alix. 

"I'd love to go with you." i say, adding a soft tone to my words.

Alix suddenly goes limp in my arms.

"Alix?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the afternoon now and while i waited at the front of the zoo entrance for Alix, i drove Malika crazy talking nonstop about the zoo.