Chapter 17

The concept of insanity was always considered taboo by society, not because of its morbidity but lack thereof. Anything different than the norm was insanity, but insanity in disguise with the falsehood of norms was dangerously clever. Gojo Saturo was one such person.

Society needed his falsehood to create their world of security. Burdening a child with purpose, one may not understand but still had to carry out. Was Gojo Saturo powerful? Yes, but was he free? Never. He was shackled with expectations as a mere baby of a few minutes because he possessed something so empowering and desired.

Even a drying bone of a skeleton would possess more freedom than him.

A truly terrible reality and Gojo was aware of it all, of how powerful he was when freedom was all he had craved. To look at a person, not a potential threat appeasing the strongest for some compassion he was never given either. He lacked all the qualities of a person with morals, he was empty like a can that Geto Suguru filled with his compassion until he ran dry, and only shattered bones were left to feed the strongest.

Bones scar, they leave behind their mark. Geto was one such bone. Normally people only care about themselves, but Gojo cared more about a bone outside his body than his own. Had Geto asked, Gojo would have broken his to build the fissures inside Geto's structure.
But sometimes sacrifices aren't enough when the hurt runs deeper than any bond.

Gojo was again forgotten, left behind on the busy street as the dust collected on his heart, fissures forming over it as he felt it gave up. He was dead for as long as he could remember until someone as tormented as him removed the dust from his heart.

She left too, or that's what he knows. But he wants to hear it from her. If his heart had to break again, then so be it but only after she tells the truth. He will not be tormented by the gasoline-named assumptions. If she's his torment, then he's despair so in tune with the grey of the world.

He has to win because if he doesn't, he won't ever know what was in her heart so it isn't a choice. Sukuna Ryomen was a formidable opponent just like Gojo Saturo's ego which doesn't acknowledge the fact that only his death will mark the end of this battle.

He was too deep in his mind and ability to win it all just like he always has. The loneliness that comes along with absolute strength. The one satisfying him now was this battle of death. It's a taxing fight, to say the least, but also the most exciting for Gojo who could never fully go out and showcase the true strength of himself. He was confined to limited usage since no one was strong enough to take all his power until Sukuna Ryomen.

Gojo rolled his eyes at the old fashioned 2 vs 1, Mahoraga and Sukuna against Gojo when Sukuna smiled cunningly, joining his hands like a devotee when he's a sinner, chants mumbling off his lips as Gojo realized Sukuna was summoning another shinigami.

"It's 3 vs 1".

The sound of Gojo's laughter echoed through the broken building space, reverberating off the crumbling walls and filling every nook and cranny. As he caught sight of Agito, one of the powerful shinigami who served alongside Sukuna, his laughter grew even louder. Agito stood tall and proud, flanked by Sukuna on one side and Mahoraga on the other. The three of them formed an imposing figure in the center of the dark and decaying space.

"And here I thought I gave you an underwhelming impression considering I'm the strongest sorcerer in modern society, guess I was wrong since you need two helpers to get rid of me".

Sukuna smirked, looking at Gojo's bleeding form, the hunger in the curse's eyes even larger than before. It was insatiable, this hunger, destruction, bones, and ashes were his heaven in this hell.

Irony was nothing in front of Sukuna Ryomen.

In an instant, the shinigami launched into powerful attacks against the strongest who deflected easily, laughter bouncing off his lips at the thrill of this dance. The students watching it through the screens grew concerned but the teachers who knew the insanity breeding in Gojo, didn't even break a sweat.