Chapter 14

Wanda landed with a strong force on the surface, her eyes quickly looking around for any resemblance.
Doctor Strange's study can best be described as an enclosed sanctuary of wisdom.

The room was filled with bookshelves lined with arcane tomes and ancient scrolls, and every piece of furniture was arranged in perfect harmony. The floor was covered in finely woven rugs that echoed with every footstep. The walls are draped in sheer curtains, adding to the room's already eerie atmosphere. Every object, including the window covering, has been carefully designed to evoke a sense of both tranquility and authority. However, there was a lingering hint of danger underlying the serene beauty of the space, reflecting Doctor Strange's immense power.

"Is this your study?". Wanda asked the dark figure standing in the corner observing her.

In the dimly lit space, Doctor Strange moved with fluid grace, his body swaying and his hand gesturing as if conducting some invisible symphony. Suddenly, flames burst to life all around him, casting flickering shadows on the walls. With a calm and collected voice, he replied with a simple "Yes", to the question before turning his attention to the circle they were both standing in.

It was a perfectly formed ring, glowing with a soft blue light and intricately etched with ancient symbols. The air crackled with energy.

"Do not step out of this circle unless I tell you". He suggested, as Wanda looked down to find ancient writings drawn on the floor, they felt alive as if speaking to her, drawing her in them.

"What are these?". Wanda asked, astonished.

"Enchantment, I used to connect to another universe and bring you back. It's like a capsule, within its boundaries, time is still. It does not exist, the moment we step outside this, it will be back to normal and I am pretty sure you have some questions before we go to war".

Wanda took a shuddering breath, it all felt too much all of a sudden. One moment she was kissing Gojo, and the next she did not even exist in their universe, she was back in her home so why did she feel so empty?

"How did I end up in that universe?". The desperation with which Wanda asked, surprised Doctor Strange. For months she has asked and been asked the same question, she was like a salivating dog for just a mere answer. Her whole life was turned upside down, and she needs to know how, "Why did I want to seal myself?".

Doctor Strange sighed as if the information he carries, stresses himself too, "After the civil war, where Captain America's forces were captured including you. Everyone was in containment in space, however, the organization S. H. I. E. L. D was scared of your powers. They feared they might evolve in the future and cause more damage than the present".

Wanda felt a sudden itch in her nose, and her eyes started to blur. She couldn't help but feel a deep need to cry. She had been hearing the same hurtful words over and over again: dangerous, villain, harmful. It had become too much for her to bear. She longed for the day when people would see her for who she was, and not just the labels they had given her.

For all those months she lived in that universe she wasn't regarded as an abomination, all because Gojo stood behind her like a warning that she too deserves to be treated like a human.

When Dr. Strange thought Wanda collected herself a bit, he continued, "They had a program going on in secret, to enter the multiverse. You were sent to test out that experiment, had it been unsuccessful you would have combusted in the cosmos. But you succeeded, however, there was a condition that if you did, they fed your mind that you will kill or seal yourself in that universe".

Dr. Strange was alarmed by the emptiness he saw on Wanda's face after he had delivered the devastating news. However, he chose to give her the necessary space to process her emotions. He understood how overwhelming and painful the news could be, and wanted to respect her feelings and allow her to cope with the situation at her own pace.