Chapter 4

It was weird for Wanda to be out here, sitting in a cafe alone when most of her time is spent around so many people, primarily students from Jujutsu High that it gets a bit too quiet when she is alone. However she doesn't mind, she craves silence as much as people's company and after the days of being surrounded by so many people continuously she needed an outlet.

"Ma'am, your chocolate brownie". The waiter placed the dessert on her table.

"Arigato". The waiter smiled before going back to it's job.

To say she is obsessed with chocolate would be an understatement, especially those hot chocolate brownies that are truly something. She had been craving these so she came to the city to explore as well as satiate her hunger, after letting Gojo know of course because she doesn't know anyone or any place and it helps her feel secure to know someone knows where she is.

"Wanda?". She looked back to see Megumi standing over her with a bag of sweets from this cafe.

"Megumi!". He nodded in acknowledgment.

"I saw you sitting here so thought I should say hi". Wanda's heart melted at his confession since she knew he wasn't much of a talker.

"That's very sweet of you, please sit". She motioned for him to sit and he followed.

"Arigato".

"So you also like the desert of this place?". Wanda probed, seeing the bag in his hand.

Megumi gave an annoyed look in that bag's direction before shaking his head, "No, I don't but Gojo sensei does. But I don't hate it either". He didn't explain further but it was clear, he was here to buy it for Gojo.

Wanda smiled at their unique relationship. Megumi always seems annoyed by Gojo's presence but also looks for it too. Gojo seems to know it and loses chance to tease him with it. Their bond is truly wholesome and more strong than others.

"You both have a strong yet strange dynamic".

Megumi's features softened but he didn't say more, instead asked a question, "How's your health".

"Uhm.. it's okay, I guess. I mean..". Wanda wanted to say more but thought better of it, he came here to ask her health not to get a rant of her thoughts. Afterall he finds such emotional conducts difficult to comprehend around strangers so she didn't try, "I'll figure it out."

Megumi looked he wanted to say something but didn't, just like her, he thought against his heart.

"What is it?". Wanda probed. She has been around Megumi and Gojo enough to know that he needs to be pushed into telling things or he never does.

"Doesn't it scare you?".

"Doesn't what scare me?".

"The fact that you might have so much power but not the means to use it". Wanda was taken aback his question because that's exactly how she has been feeling, scared of her own existence and power. But there was something more to it, sure Megumi was curious about her state but the question sounded more personal as if he struggles with it too.

"It does. It scares me every time Gojo asks me to keep training and accessing my powers. I run away from myself when I choose to be afraid of my powers, because at the end of the day they aren't just powers but a part of me. Being scared of them is like being scared of myself, and I am which bothers me every waking moment". Wanda answered truthfully.

Megumi looked deep in his thoughts as if her words made him rethink something in his life.

So she continued,"But I am trying not to be afraid of myself".