Chapter 5

M

oments like these make her think, "What are her parents doing right now? Are they searching for her? What about her twin?" There have been so many questions in her mind ever since the day she got her childhood memories back. But maybe there's a drawback; she only has her childhood memories, not teenage or adulthood. They probably hold the answers to her questions, and she is so curious to know now that she has been given a breadcrumb of a small portion of her life. Now she wants it all.

The students surrounding her have been extremely helpful. They seem to be aware of what's going on, but they never ask. Regardless, they always ensure that she has all the assistance she needs. One student in particular, Zenin Maki, intrigues her the most. She comes off as arrogant and unapproachable, but Wanda can sense that she genuinely cares. Wanda wonders what could have caused Zenin to behave in this manner.

Wanda considers her as a friend, the only one she has bonded with since Megumi at the cafe. He keeps a close eye on her health, but Wanda likes to believe that he does so because they are both tormented by their powers and are a reflection of each other.

It seems that Wanda has a preference for Zenin people.

[I mean who doesn't (⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠) ]

Today, she had practice with Gojo. He was the one who first noticed her neuroelectric interfacing power, even before she did, and offered to hone her skills. It was probably when she casually answered Yuji's questions when he never asked them because they were inside his mind. She did it so naturally that she didn't even notice until, of course, Gojo, who was watching the whole interaction.

Since her powers are unknown and powerful, she's under the complete supervision of Gojo. He suggested doing this in her room, as a comfortable and familiar setting may lessen her stress of getting the job done.

She had only started living here for a few days, so it didn't have much nor was it messy, but it was perfect. Her current favorite show, Vincenzo, was playing, and she was patiently waiting for their kiss after so long.

The doorbell rang and she paused her show before opening the door to see Gojo in casual clothes rather than his uniform.

"You look good in casuals," Wanda complimented, giving him space to get inside.

Gojo grinned. "No hi, no hello? Straight up buttering me up, huh?"

Wanda attempted to swat him, but his infinity protected him, and she pouted, "You're so lucky because of this infinity, arg!"

She closed the door behind him, walking a step behind as he sat on the sofa.

"You want som-"

"I am all good, let's just start with the practice. Come here," Gojo interrupted, calling her to sit beside him.

Wanda nodded, walking to where he was seated and settling beside him, crossing her legs underneath. "So, how are we supposed to do this?" she asked with curiosity.

He turned toward her and said, "I will turn off my infinity so you can exercise your power on me. In case anything goes south, I'll handle it. You should try to enter my brain with your powers and when you have control over it, ask me to do anything without breaking the control or being distracted."

That was a lot to take in, so Wanda just nodded. She watched as he motioned for her to carry on. She acted impulsively, reaching out her arm with a sense of urgency. The tips of her fingers pulsed with a deep red hue, an indication of the immense power that was held within her. She touched his forehead with a gentle but firm grip, and as she did, she felt the magic within her flow freely and effortlessly into his mind.