CHAPTER 14

I awoke this morning a bit later than usual but that's fine. I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. My floor was a bit of a mess, with a few pencils scattered around from when they kept on breaking last night. I don't think 4 pencils is a normal amount to break within an hour? I really need to start buying a different brand.

My outfit for today was pretty casual. Black oversized jeans and a plain green sweater. It was really comfy. In the summer, I normally wear outfits for the looks since it's warm outside, meaning your can wear whatever. But when autumn comes, I start to actually prioritize my health. I hate getting colds. Id probably say, the last time I got sick it ruined my whole week.

For today, I decided to go get a drink from the store. I locked my apartment door and left the building. The weather was pretty good. It was a slight windy but everything else was pretty normal for late September. The leaves were swirling around in little piles on the floor. The streets weren't too empty so I didn't feel too alone. I love to have company.

I left the store with a can of Dr Pepper and cracked it open. It's not the healthiest to have in the morning but I was really only looking for something tasty. I'd usually have something like apple juice, but I keep running out. I turned the corner of the street to see my school. It was quite crowded at the front so I waited for the amount of people to die down.

Being honest, it took way longer than I thought it would to get in the building. 5 minutes later and I've only just entered. The main Bell had just went off, meaning I was right on time.

Grians POV :

I entered the school, taking my headphones off and putting them in my bag. I really wanted to see Scar so I checked my time table. I had 3 lessons with him today, two that I sit next to him in. I love sitting next to him. I love listening to him rambling on about his favorite little interests, even if I'm finding it hard to understand what anything even means. I was pretty much on time so I went straight to my lesson. As I approached my classroom someone tapped me on the shoulder.
"Hey Grian!" Scar said, with a big smile on his face. He was just the person I was looking for.
"Hii Scarr." I said. He stared at for a second and then pulled out a piece of paper. Shoot. I forgot the homework.
"I can't believe I forgot it. I'm gonna fail man."
"You can copy of me? The teacher takes it in at the end of the lesson?"
"Oh yes please!" I said. He would do that for me?

That lesson, I think Scar saved my life. We had a really strict sub who said if we didn't have our homework complete, he give us a straight up detention. I've been struggling a bit on sleep lately so I went to bed early last night, completely forgetting about the homework. As soon as the lesson started, I think I had already copied at least half of Scars work.
"You know, you don't need to rush. You still have around half an hour." Scar told me as I wrote quickly.
"I guess so. I kinda just want it done." I replied.
"Fair point!" Scar said smiling at me.

When the lesson ended, I said goodbye to Scar as I didn't have my next period with him. I'm very thankful to have him in my life. For around 2 hours, I didn't get to see him though. I had a test to do which lasted 2 lessons. I wasn't too happy since I hadnt studied for it. To make it even worse, we had a seating plan. Of course out of all people I could've been sat next to, I was sat next to one of the boys who technically bully me.
"Great." I muttered under my breath as he sat down beside me. I couldn't really tell what he thought about sitting next to me but in the end he smirked to one of his friends and looked at me, probably meaning he thought it was funny. I actually can't be bothered to deal with them today. Why meeeee.

Scars POV :

I sat down in my third lesson out of five. I was pretty sad that I couldn't see Grian. Around half of the friend group, weren't involved in that test thingy. Apparently it was a test for people who needed to do extra for upcoming exams at the end of the year. At break time, it was only me, Joel, Lizzie and Cleo.
"I think we can now tell who starts the conversations in this group." Cleo said. We all laughed a bit.
"Well I guess so." Joel spoke. "I bet it's because Scott and Martyn aren't here! They always have something to talk about."
"I think it's because Pearls not here. You and her are always fighting over something." Lizzie said, directly at Joel.
"Ugh! Rude!" he said, pouting.
"I've got to agree with Lizzie here. I added on."But I do think Scott and Martyn do brighten up the mood a bit. "

903 words

Hii!! Thank you guys so much for 900 + reads?! I'm currently 1st in desert duo which is crazy! Have a great day/ night. I'm trying to upload every week :0

- Layla :)