CHAPTER 8

The movie carried on for a while until we had a little break. The food we ordered half an hour ago had arrived. Everyone ate their food and it was pretty nice. It was takeaway I have often so it wasnt new to me. Yet, it was still delicious! Whilst we had our break, we all talked about the film. I thought it would be funny to point out the fact that Joel was the most scared.
"Hey Joel! Didn't I see you jump into Lizzie's arms?" I questioned him, smirking.
"I. I uhm don't know what uh your talking about Scar." he stuttered, obviously lying. Everyone laughed and Joel turned red. He hid his face on Lizzie's shoulder.

After our little break, we began to watch the rest of the movie. I've got to admit I was a little scared at this point. Suddenly, there was a jumpscare that made at least half of us jump. I grasped onto something beside me. Oh wait. Oh. Em. Gee. I looked over to my side to see Grian. He chuckled at me. This is so embarrassing. I just got scared and accidentally held onto Grian.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered to him.
"It's fine. If anything it won't make me as scared." Grian said back. I stared at him. Damn. I mean uhm. Him saying that was kinda..attractive? No. No way. He looked at me and smiled. He seemed comfortable so I rested my arm beside his, feeling safer.

The movie ended.
"That was so good!" Lizzie said.
"I agree. We should watch another!" Martyn suggested.
"NOO." half of us said.
"That's enough horror for tonight you two." Cleo spoke, her arms crossed. They both sighed, disappointed. We all began to settle down. I laid on a mattress that could fit two people and coincidentally, Grian was the other one on it with me. Joel and Lizzie on the main bed. Etho, Scott, Mumbo and Cleo used sleeping bags and Pearl made a bed out of pillows and blankets? Interesting choice in her own house.

I scrolled on my phone. It was around 1am. Most of my friends were asleep, including Grian. I turned over to look at him, hoping he was asleep. Thankfully he was. He looked so peaceful. Being honest, he isn't that bad looking. What's going on in my head. I only met him a week ago. Do I... Do I like him? A crush in less than a month. Woah. I placed my phone down. I don't know how long it took but after a while, I drifted off. Asleep.

Grians POV :

I squinted my eyes as I woke up. I shifted around a bit. Hm that's strange why can't I move? I looked down. Oh wow. Someones arm was wrapped around my waist, tight. Wait is that. Scar. He was dead asleep. I tried not to move so I didn't wake him. I shuffled a bit, turning around. There he was. Not gonna lie, he looked gorgeous and I'm not going to deny it. I might be weird for saying that. Maybe. I haven't known him long but I felt safe with him. I took a deep breath in. I don't know why I did this but I moved myself closer to Scar, to the point I was hugging him. I froze. He moved a bit but to my surprise, he pulled me in more. There's no going back now. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

Scars POV :

I opened my eyes, slowly. Light was coming through the window. My eyes were met with an unexpected view. Oh my. There in front-. No. Not even in front. There laying peacefully asleep in my arms was Grian. He was hugging me. I had my arms around his waist, which was easy to hold because he is small compared to me. Why am I thinking about that? I moved my head up to look around. No one was awake, luckily. Until I saw someone sitting up, looking at there phone. Pearl. I carefully moved Grian, making sure he was comfortable and wouldn't wake up. I grabbed my phone and went into the kitchen. As I assumed, Pearl followed me in.

I leaned against the counter and Pearl sat on it, beside me.
"Good morning." I said, trying not to make eye contact with her. She didn't speak. I gulped slowly.
"Okay. Are we just gonna ignore what happened there?" I looked over to her and she was smirking at me. I put my head in my hands.
"I. Uhm. Uhhhh."
"You were hugging Grian." Pearl was smiling like crazy.
"Is something going on between you two? It's only been. What? A week?"
"I don't know okay? That was just an accident."
"Hm? Explain why I saw Grian shuffle further into your arms around an hour ago?" Since when. When she said that my mouth opened wide and I think she realized I wasn't awake when that happened.
"Wait what?"
"Nothing!" she said innocently. Footsteps came from the other room.
"Oh hey Grian!" she spoke. He rubbed his eyes and waved. It was kind of cute. Oh my gosh. I think I've fallen him?
Pearl asked him, "How did you sleep?" she nudged my shoulder. Obviously, that made me want to know his answer.
"Being honest, it was decent. I haven't slept that well in ages." He looked over to me and quickly over to Pearl.

Grian POV :

Pearl asked me how I slept. I told her it was pretty decent. I looked around to see Scar so I quickly looked away over to Pearl. Im not sure if he knew about it.
"Grian? You okay? You look a bit red?" Pearl chuckled. I felt my face. Was I-? No way. My cheeks felt warm. I was blushing.
"I. Yeah I'm fine. Ilseeyouguysinaminutebyee." and with that I rushed to the bathroom.

I like him. I like Scar. There's no way. Something told me Pearl knew something I didn't. But main question. Did I regret it? Not reallyyyyy...

Love this chapter tbh. I don't have much words for this. Thank you guys btw for 200 + reads (that's insane!)
-Layla :)

1035 words