Chapter 63

Chapter 63

Aarohi left Gaurav's place early that morning. For the entire week, she had been crazily searching for a job to sustain herself in Indore without having to depend on anyone.

Between her struggling period, she also connected over a phone call with her parents who offered her money and other support she needed during her tough times, but she politely denied. Sticking to her point of not having committed any mistake by escaping from her own wedding, she also obediently pleaded for forgiveness for the inconvenience caused to them.

Her mother Nidhi was no more reluctant as Arjun was mature enough to knock some good sense into his wife's head. The dream of becoming a renowned dancer which was left incomplete by Nidhi was now to be fulfilled by their daughter. Holding their faith high in Aarohi, they ultimately mingled with her and gave their consent wholeheartedly.

Dragging her lazy footsteps into a newly constructed building, Aarohi stared at the loose pamphlet in her hands. It was an open invitation to girls of her age and a few years older to apply for auditions of dance choreographers for a tele-industry.

Her limbs trembled as she stepped inside, feeling nervous for the entire time. She had earlier faced dance auditions when she was in college, participated in inter-college competitions and also appeared for an audition for a reality show. But today it was definitely different for her. It was solely a do-or-die situation as extracting the job was utmost necessary for her.

The entire corridor was lined by girls of her age, and some of them were as well married. Aarohi hoped against hope that every applicant must be good performers but she ought to outshine others for the day.

"Has the audition begun?" Aarohi asked the girls, her mouth refusing to stop shivering. "Who are the judges? Any movie directors or producers, or who? Anyone famous?"

Most of them shrugged their shoulders while a few slumped. When she could not extract enough information from them, Aarohi chose to keep her mouth shut for the time being.

A few minutes later, a young lady dressed in a light green saree came out of a room and glanced at every other girl present in the corridor. Aarohi stared down at her own clothes which were a pinkish peplum top paired with black denims.

"Attendants are wearing sarees. Will I be allowed to perform some western hiphops, or will Indian classical be imposed on us?" Aarohi wondered to herself. "I am a sucker for classical dance but I thought I should go with some western moves today. I am so scared!"

"Before I start admitting the participants into the auditorium, I must make you aware of a few things." The lady broke the silence. "The industry is very novice and is looking for recruiting female dancers who may not be very experts but understand the seriousness of their job."

Aarohi frowned before asking, "Who are the judges? Anyone famous we know?"

"You mustn't ask such questions, ma'am. You are already being monitored on the camera." The lady pointed at the rotating device over their heads. "I can only assure you that one of the judges is indeed from the film industry."

A part of Aarohi's mind jumped excitedly upon hearing the news. Even if she might not get selected, she would be performing in front of a movie director and for the same, she was supposed to give her best shot at it.

The waiting time for Aarohi was no longer than half an hour and the call for her came sooner than expected. She walked straight into the dimly-lit auditorium with the speed of a tortoise until the row of three judges seated next to one another came to her view. She could not recognize any of them even though she assumed one of them to be really involved with the movie industry.