Chapter 52

Chapter 52

During the winters of January in Omkareshwar, Rehaan found himself roaming around their farmhouse aimlessly, wandering in loneliness for having no clue to his dilemma. He had been trying hard to make himself accept the reality and move on in his life, but it was nearly impossible as he could feel it. The harsh wintry bites blew over his face all along, leaving him shivering for the rest of the time.

Ishaan caught up on him while on his way home from the academy, vividly surprised by the pitiful condition of Rehaan. He was quietly seated on the bench in the middle of the garden when Ishaan reached him and stood gazing at him. There was no exchange of words between them for a couple of minutes before Ishaan's final attempt on breaking the silence.

"Rehaan, I am aware of what has been bothering you lately," Ishaan said calmly, bringing softness to his voice. "I want to help you out."

Ishaan was ready to face the wrath of Rehaan, yet he showed his courage of conversing with him for once. He could not bear to withstand the pain which Prachi was already tolerating due to her brother or cousin's respective disappointments. If he really could, he wanted to resolve their problems at the earliest possible.

Rehaan lifted his face up to meet Ishaan's eyes, and with a gentle demeanour he responded, "I know I should be grateful to you for saving my life on the day of the house party, but I refrained from even expressing my gratitude to you. Yet, you want to help me out, provided that Aarohi is your cousin. Is there any specific reason behind this kind gesture towards me?"

"Your family is related to mine, doesn't this suffice enough reason for us to help each other?"

"How do you know that I need help, and that too from you?"

Ishaan shook his head in hesitancy and muttered, "I don't know what you think of me but I can tell you only one thing truly today, Rehaan. My cousin Aarohi has been in love with you since ages and I can't accept the devastating truth of hers getting married to someone she was never in love with. I am also sure that she hasn't agreed to get hitched to Dhairya willingly."

Rehaan folded his arms while standing up on his limbs. "What will she gain even if she agrees to get together with me? I am a guy still living his life with no future."

"Our life is full of future endeavours, Rehaan." Ishaan told him stressfully. "You should not commit the crime of letting Shalini and Dhairya suffer by sacrificing their love for the sake of the family."

"I also do not want to commit the crime of breaking Aarohi's nuptials by interrupting into her life who doesn't even want to be with me. Though I am guilty for everything that has happened between Aarohi and me, I can't tolerate more of the guilt anymore," Rehaan said in a flattened voice. "She has herself chosen to get married at the earliest possible, be it with Dhai bro or someone else. If you ask me the truth, I also don't want this marriage to happen because of Shai and Dhai bro. I want them to fight for their love, and even if the wedding gets cancelled, Aarohi's grandfather will still fix her alliance with any other man."

"So your prime concern is about getting blamed for breaking Aarohi's marriage to Dhairya. If you want Shalini and Dhairya to fight for their love, why can't you do the same, man?" Ishaan scoffed in anger. "I will speak to Manu grandpa on your behalf, I promise."

Rehaan shook his head. "No."

"Will you still remain stubborn if you are not to be blamed for the marriage getting cancelled? And if it really happens, will you show the courage of accepting your feelings for Aarohi and go ahead with settling your life with her?"

"My biggest concern is about my career, Ishaan. I don't know what I will do with that? How can I promise Aarohi a life having no sturdy base for myself?"