Chapter 67

Chapter 67

Dhairya steered the car through the dimly lit streets of Gwalior, while Prachi nearly collapsed in the passenger seat due to Jwala's unceasing stares at her from the rear seat. It was almost unbelievable that Jwala had finally decided to go home with them from the rehabilitation center.

When they reached Omkareshwar, it was almost eight o'clock at night and the traffic was comparatively lesser than they had anticipated. Prachi remembered that there were elections going on across the country and thus, easy availability of vehicles were affected.

"Bro, I need to get down here." Prachi suddenly exclaimed, shocking the rest of them. "I have to clear some urgently pen-ding work at the police station. You go ahead with her to our farmhouse and don't wo-rry for me. I'll reach home on time."

"Are you sure?" Dhairya asked, frowning. "I don't feel it's safe to leave you alone like that. If you say, I can wait for you and we'll go together."

"I can easily get a car from the station back home." She nodded. "Grandma needs to have dinner on time due to her medical require-ments. I have already informed others at home about her. They must be waiting."

"As you say. If you don't find any vehicle to drop you home, you must call me up." He instructed her strictly. "I will fetch you."

"You mustn't worry for me and get home quickly. Shai must also be wai-ting for you."

"She is staying at Indore, if you remember."

"Alone?"

"No, Rihu is there with her." Dhairya told her. "He left for Indore early in the morning and so I'm relieved that Shai isn't alone."

"Alright." Prachi mumbled as she unbuckled the seat belt and climbed out of the car. "See you soon."

Catching a quick glimpse of Jwala at the back seat, Prachi locked the car's door and waved at Dhairya. As he drove away, she crossed the street and scurried into the station building.

A few policemen greeted her as she entered her workplace, shaking her head at each of them. After reaching her cabin, she sat by her desk and pulled out some files. Jotting down a few bullet points and drawing something in the paper, she chewed on her pen.

Quickly glancing through the notes she had written, she collected all of the documents and walked out of her room to meet Mukta in the next door.

"I have certain good information for you. I've worked a lot on the case and arranged few strong evidence to substan-tiate on behalf of us." Prachi discussed with her. " Here, take a look at these."

Mukta examined the documents carefully and the little notes which Prachi had made at the bottom of each page. "We need some good analysis too, on behalf of our investigation team."

"I will get it prepared within a couple of days with the help of my mother." Prachi assured her. "We will discuss more on the case tomo-rrow."

The clouds were rumbling outside when Prachi climbed down the stairs of the police building. She gazed up at the raven sky which was dense with clouds and the moon was barely visible. Refusing to get help from the police station,  she decided to go along with the beautiful weather and get a private cab on her way back home.

A cold breeze cut across her body as the gusty wind started to blow and she hurried her pace of walking towards the taxi stand. Speaking to herself momentarily, she hoped to arrive at home before the clouds burst with heavy downpours.

Moments before she reached the transport terminal, big droplets of water began to drip her all wet. Almost sprinting on her toes, she rushed along the lonely pathway while the thunderbolts continued to roar behind her.