Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"It was such a pleasant journey to travel to your native place!" exclaimed an excited Nia when Dhairya came around the corridor. "I have never been to the countryside before."

Dhairya simply smiled at her. Nia was a girl with a charming personality and the brightness in her eyes was evidently visible whenever she laughed. She loved to carry herself in open hair and polished goggles, the beauty in her face mesmerised everyone around her.

"I am not kidding, Dhairya. It is truly an awesome feeling to be here with you and your family."

"I think if you stay here for a longer time, you won't be able to concentrate on your project." Dhairya muttered, pouring water into the flower pot which was placed next to the corridor railings. "Are you seriously planning to write it?"

"Isn't that the reason why I came here!" Nia joked while Dhairya frowned. "I will write of course, and twenty per cent of my writings will be based on you."

"Why don't you give it a second thought?"

"I have not accompanied you with confusing decisions running in my head," Nia said, shoving her hands into the pockets of her trousers. "I am very determined and dedicated towards my thesis."

"You gain nothing by writing about me and my lifestyle!" Dhairya protested, folding his arms. "I don't need any sort of special treatment."

"I want to write about the 'author Dhairya' and I think we fans have this exclusive right to do so."

"I don't want such publicity, especially when I am not yet so popular among people."

"This is where publicity comes from. If you want to be popular among people, you need to publicise and socialise. I am only here to help you achieve it."

"I want only my books to achieve popularity."

"I have spoken to my father about your books and he agreed to get one of the biggest publishers in Indore to publish your books."

"Why are you doing this huge favour for me, Nia? I haven't asked for it."

"See Dhairya, you might have stayed alone since childhood and met your parents less often, but I have always perceived you as a good friend. Whenever you used to visit Chennai, we would often hang out and sit together, discussing on your writings. Have you forgotten all of it?"

"How can I forget it, Nia? I have always used your simplicity to my advantage. If not because of your help, I could have never become a published writer today." Dhairya expressed his gratitude emotionally while Nia threw her arms around him for a hug. Dhairya reciprocated it comfortably and separated from her before catching hold of her palms. "Thank you for everything that you did and is still doing for me."

"Can you just stop thanking me now and then?" Nia laughed again. "We should concentrate more on the business meet that my father is planning to arrange for your exclusive interview. I hope it catches the attention of the most renowned publishers in the market."

"If that is the case, I am all ready to accompany you for the business meet to be held in Indore."

While Nia and Dhairya continued discussing, a heartbroken Shalini stood watching them from the corner of the corridor quietly. All she knew was that it was time for realisation. There was someone else in his life who cared for him and his dreams, and he also seemed very much comfortable with her. On the other hand, it was with Shalini that he felt ill-at-ease most of the time.

Wiping the prickly tears hurting her eyes, she chose to retire to her room. The more she tried to suppress her feelings for Dhairya, the more it was coming to the surface. She could not bear the new development in her life after taking Dhairya's unexpressed love for granted over the years.