Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Rehaan texted Aarohi the next morning again, wishing her luck for a newly bright day altogether. He liked how he was trying to spice things up for their unnamed relationship, and also find more time in concentrating on the ongoing renovation works at the Bundela mansion in Indore.

He drove all his way to Dhairya's shooting set, carrying their lunch boxes which Garima had given to him. Fetching Dhairya's tiffin was not only the sole reason for Rehaan to visit the sets, but he was also being compelled by Aarohi to do so.

When he reached the desired location, a broad smile perched up on his lips as soon as he witnessed Dhairya scolding Nia for not being able to follow his instructions. Rehaan immediately turned to the camcorder in his cellphone and paused to record a video only to be shown to Aarohi afterwards.

"You know what, Nia, you have considered the role of Shyra very lightly." Dhairya's voice was louder this time. "You either underestimated the character's role play in the biopic or thought that you will be able to somehow pull it through due to my presence in it."

"Dhairya, you are not. . ."

"Shut up Nia, I am really not surprised." Dhiarya shushed her sternly. "Not everyone is suited to play Shyra's role. I will give you a last chance to showcase your act after lunchbreak. In case you fail, I will have to rethink about replacing you with another actress."

After dismissing Nia from the shooting arena, Dhairya sat down under the shade of a tree. Rehaan was humming a jolly song when Dhairya's eyes spotted him and he summoned him. Rehaan waved at him and strode towards his brother with a brilliant smile adorning his face.

"Grandma sent these lunch boxes for both of us." Rehaan began unpacking the boxes. "She knows that you are under medication since the accident and it's always better to avoid food from outside."

"Garima grandma has always been caring towards all of us." Dhairya took one of the boxes in his hands. "I wonder how our Durga grandma along with the rest of them are doing. I haven't spoken to mom recently."

"They must be doing fine without us."

"Why, Rihu? Why do you sound so pessimistic about them?" Dhairya raised an eyebrow. "I have been noticing your adverse behaviour towards them since the day you returned from Omkareshwar. Is everything fine over there or is there anything to bother about? Why aren't you telling me?"

"I did not mean to confuse you by my words, brother." Rehaan tried to quickly cover up his faulty speech. "What I meant was that our parents and grandparents have been doing better without us, which indeed is a good indication. They are able to look after themselves without letting age to catch up on them; it indicates that they are healthy and physically fit."

"You are right on that part, Rihu. Yet if you feel you need to share something with me, please don't hesitate."

"I will, brother." Rehaan took another bite of sandwiches before continuing, "So the condition of the filming of your biopic is still so poor, brother. Do you need any help? I don't want you to stress out due to hectic shooting schedules."

"No, I am not stressed."

"Yes, you are." Rehaan emphasized on his point. "You seemed to be quite disappointed with the actress playing the lead role of Shyra."

"To some extent." Dhairya agreed. "I don't want to spoil the image that the character of Shyra has created in the heart of the readers. Nia seems to be too immature to blend into the role."

"I am seriously appalled by your decision, brother." Rehaan shook his head. "I wonder why you chose to put Nia for the role of Shyra— a character that is seemingly to be the closest to you."