Chapter 68 (1) Blockbuster

Chapter 68(1)

The thought of going on a long drive and experimenting something daring with Rehaan  shuddered Aarohi. The beat of heavy rains battering against the windows of the car could have sounded musical if their relationship were normal like any other; but in her case, there was a calculative distance working mightily between them.

The more she felt his steely eyes stealing glances of the petrified face of hers, the more her own emotions began to behave weirdly and strangely with the passage of time.

"Are you feeling scared?" He asked, breaking the cold pause. "To be honest, I bloody can't see anything out of the windshield."

"You don't?" She whimpered timidly. "I have never seen a more stupid creature than you. Your poor sense of stubbornness has put both of our lives in for a mishap."

"I don't mind it at all." He chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows, while keeping his hands affixed on the steering. "At least, not on earth but we will get to live together somewhere in the hell. Aren't you happy for it?"

"Stop the car, I said." She murmured wistfully, her fingers running cold out of fear. "Here I was returning from the final round of audition for the job of a dance choreographer, with the dream of getting a selection and securing a bright future ahead. But with such a reckless decision of yours, I can't lose that, for God's sake!"

Her loud words banged against his ears, so he brought the car to an abrupt halt and their bodies fell forward mid-way. The rain was still pouring, abated to a considerable amount when Rehaan turned to face Aarohi. With the press of his thumb on a button, he rolled down the window glasses and glanced outside for once. Aarohi followed, staring outside from her side of the window.

Aarohi exclaimed, looking at him. "The storm seems to have subsided."

"What about the storm in my heart, Aarohi?"

Her eyes widened and she looked away, trying to find words to respond. The curiosity beaming in his eyes whenever he looked at her was messing with her heart like always, and she realised that he had never spoken of his heart ever before to her.

"I don't know." Her voice almost squeezed to a whisper. "You are trying to intimidate me."

"Am I?" Seeing her discomfort and the trembling of her fingers, he slowly pushed his hand towards her and touched the top of her palm, brushing it lightly. "I have always hurt you, haven't I?"

A trickle of water fell off her forehead onto her neckline and she eased her hand out of his hold quickly to wipe her face with her palms. Rehaan took a pause to observe her silly movements and smiled to himself.

Her dress was  entirely bathed in rainwater and the dampness in her hair due to the water had rendered it all messy. He silently devoured her, while she rubbed her face before fisting her palms on either side of her cheeks.

"So you won't answer me?" He asked again, just a little bit louder this time. "Am I that bad for your sanity?"

As she shook her head nervously, the loose ends of her open hair splashed some tiny water droplets onto his face. He welcomed those gladly with a smile on his face and rubbed the water off his cheek before glancing at her again. "Aarohi, I am speaking to you. Won't you even talk to me? It's bad manners, you know."

"Rehaan, I can't find the pro-per words. . ."

She stuttered, earning a laughter from him. Leaning closer to her, he gripped her palms and slowly parted them off her face. His forefinger crawled below her chin as he lifted her face up and himself caught hold of her cheeks. "The Aarohi I always knew was never this nervous with me. She has always been so warm and appreciating, but what's wrong with you today? You can embrace me, chide me, bark at me or even kick me out; but Aaru, your silence is hurting me today."