Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Seated at the dining table to attend the lunch proposal by Arjun, Rehaan initiated a conversation with him. Nidhi was sitting beside Rehaan and opposite to Arjun, while Aarohi was seated exactly opposite to Rehaan, who from time to time was staring at him from the corner of her eyes.

"As I already told you, uncle, I am here for a different cause today."

"Is there anything important that you were willing to talk about?" Arjun began, "As far as I was informed, my father is upset with your presence in our house."

"I know but his behaviour will be scarier if ever he finds out I am the grandson of his arch rival Virendra Singh Bundela." Rehaan laughed upon making fun of Abhimanyu. "I do not know how he became your father, uncle. You are so different from him and a good person by heart."

"He is senior to all of us. You shouldn't be making fun of him, Rihu." Nidhi scolded while Arjun began laughing. "Arjun, I don't think I said anything which is deemed to be funny for you."

"I am laughing at your words, sweetheart!" Arjun winked, cracking up again. "Whenever someone praises me, why do you bring forth your objections?"

"This is a serious matter, dear hubby. Why don't you understand?" Nidhi rolled her eyes. "My father–in-law doesn't like Rehaan at all. I wonder what he might do when we disclose the truth to him."

"No, auntie, please don't tell him anything right now. You both know that I am here for a separate cause and I will leave after that." Rehaan reminded them. "I am here to gain support from both of you."

"We are already in your favour, dear boy." Arjun affirmed him. "Now tell us what you need."

"I am actually looking forward to opening a dance academy here in Omkareshwar as a start-up of my future business plans," Rehaan said with a gulp when he noticed Aarohi's eyes glaring at him. "I am more concerned for aunt Nidhi because she is the one who left behind her dreams only to take up the responsibility of her family."

"I had offered her to carry on with dance as a career but she kept on refusing it." Arjun elbowed at Nidhi. "Now since Rehaan is here requesting you, you mustn't deny, Nidhi."

"As much as I don't want to deny, I would also like to tell you that I have almost been out of practice over the years. I won't be able to manage at all." Nidhi negated the offer. "I do not think I will be able to dance again, Rihu."

"But your stuffy-nosed daughter is a brilliant dancer. Can we not indulge her in it?" Rehaan said and immediately averted his gaze from Aarohi. She was already shooting him icy glares. "I mean her dancing skills can be a great help to expanding my business here."

"I think Rehaan is right." Arjun agreed soon after. "Aarohi can provide the kind of support he needs in it."

"No, dad." Aarohi spoke this time. "Grandpa wouldn't take it easily. He doesn't even like Rehaan's presence around me. I am afraid of how he will react if he finds out I am working with Rehaan!"

"Leave it upon me, my dear daughter." Arjun smiled and brushed his hand across her head. "Your grandfather can be a little strict with you but he loves you more than anyone else in his family."

"Alright, dad. Please see to it." Aarohi shook her head and took the exit. Rehaan didn't miss the upset look on her face and he decided to have a personal conversation with her later.

"Uncle, I think I need to take some rest now. I ate a lot for lunch today." Rehaan took permission to leave and Arjun nodded at him. "I will meet you in the evening again."