Chapter 31: Rain vs Marik

Start from the beginning

Rain 4000LP/Marik 4000LP

Rain was given the first turn. Drawing, she looked down at her hand and saw she had Mokk, Howl, Ori, Eki's Dash, Rite of Renewal, and Dwellers of the Forest. Seeing a couple of combos she could already start setting up, Rain took two of the cards.
"I summon Mokk the Courageous in Defense mode. Then I'll set one card facedown and end my turn."
The small beast-type monster materialized on the field with a cute cry, its tail curling around itself.

Courageous Mokk
100 ATK/800 DEF

"Not exactly a frightening opening." Duke muttered before Tea elbowed him.
"Rain knows what she's doing! I'm just happy that this isn't a Shadow Game."
"That doesn't mean Marik can't hurt her with Ra." Yami reminded. "But Tea's right. Rain's deck is all about having her monsters flow into each other. She'll be fine."

Rain 4000LP/Marik 4000LP

Yami Marik smirked as he drew. "What a paltry opening for the chosen heir of the Wayfarers. I see now why you haven't earned your sigil."
"If you're so sure, why don't you attack then? Or are you just not as comfortable when you can't use your magic to hurt your opponents?"
The dark spirit growled as he began his turn. "I summon Dark Jeroid into attack mode."
The unholy amalgamation of blue limbs, claws, and faces rose up onto the field drooling either because of bloodlust or its mere existence caused it pain.

Dark Jeroid
1200 ATK/1500 DEF

"That pathetic rodent of yours will make a fine meal for my monster. Dark Jeroid, devour that puny excuse for a monster!" The fiend type pounced, biting into small beasts. "Next, I'll activate the effect of Juragedo, summoning it to the field from my hand, raising my lifepoints by 1000."
A second fiend type appeared on the field, eyes trained on Rain.

Juragedo
1700 ATK/1300 DEF

Yami Marik smirked. "With your field wide open, you're easy prey for my Juragedo!"
Rain smirked right back. "Looks like you forgot my facedown. I reveal Dwellers of the Forests! Since you were kind enough to destroy Mokk, I can summon a beast type from my hand to replace him, and who better than my best pal, Ori?"
The trap card flipped up as Ori jumped through it, standing in the path of Juragedo, his fur flared up.

Ori the Forest Guardian
2000 ATK/1000 DEF

Dark Marik growled, knowing his monster couldn't match Rain's ace monster, instead opting for two facedowns.
"Atta girl, Stormy!" Joey cheered.
Tristan joined in. "Show that creep who's in charge!"
"I feel a lot better with Ori on the field." Yugi said to Yami, his sigh of relief audible. "The girls always feel untouchable with him there."
"While I agree, this duel is far from over." Yami said as Rain drew.

Rain 4000LP/Marik 5000LP

"Come on, that set up was obvious!" Rain taunted. "I thought someone who made it to the finals would know about strategy and caution. What, did Odion do all the work for you?"
"Watch that arrogant tongue or I will remove it." He growled, but Rain just kept on smiling.
"I think I told you back then that every game has a strategy. Guess it didn't sink in for you. Or I'm just a bad teacher."
Yami Marik clicked his tongue. "You taught that to the pathetic version of myself."
"Clearly since it seems you're only capable of cheating to get your way."
Duke whistled. "She is laying it on thick. This girl does not fear death."
"Why is Rain trying to provoke him?" Tea asked. "I know he can't use his dark magic on her, but isn't this still dangerous?"
"Stormy's got a plan." Joey assured her.
"Hope it's a good one." Tristan said as Yami sighed.
"I doubt (Y/N) would let her do it if it wasn't."
"First off, I activate Pot of Greed to draw two more cards. Next, I'm summoning Howl the Nightcrawler in attack mode!" Rain declared as the rotten wolf appeared alongside Ori.