The Dawn Will Come Soon

It surprised you the first time it happened, when you woke up from a deep sleep.

It was surprising because, as a reminder to those that may have forgotten, you don't sleep. You didn't entirely know how you fell asleep the first time it did happen; It was either that the you were just so comfortable in the hold of the Undertaker, or the earl was too exhausting for your sweet little head. The Undertaker would like to believe it was the first, and so did you.

For whatever reason it may have been, it had been after the first time that it happened that you'd ask the Undertaker to hold you, or simply be around you, until you fell asleep. Not being a busy person, the Undertaker agreed. He didn't mind.

Since then, you had been falling asleep nearly every night in the arms of the Undertaker.

It was an unusual feeling, your body being heavy. Even more, it was unusual falling asleep in the arms of someone and feeling secure. How long had it been that you weren't alone anymore? That you had someone there running their hands through your hair? The sensation of being cared for made you too comfortable for you to think. That, and you didn't want to think of when you were alone.

You weren't now. You wouldn't be anymore.

That was all that mattered to you, realistically. And now that you weren't, it wasn't something you needed to worry about. You could think of other things, worry about other things, like your current situation with Ciel and Sebastian. And while all of that was hard to deal with, you had the Undertaker and his arms that wouldn't hesitate to hold you. It was nice. Comforting, so much so you had the best sleep in them.

Presently, you woke up again. Your hair was messy and your wings were out, frizzy, and ruffled. Your pajama shirt was raised just enough for your wings to splay out. Your sheets felt tangled with your legs. The sheets covered only your lower half, almost as if you kicked them off in your sleep. Perhaps that's why they felt tangled.

Tired, you rubbed your eyes open to find your room almost completely dark. It would be pitch black if it weren't for the small candle in the other side of your room, upon a coffin that had always been in your room, that was dimmly lit. It was settled in an old brass hand-held candle holder. The candle was small, but it illuminated it's near surroundings, like the door of a wooden closet that seemed brand new. You hadn't noticed it before.

You felt yourself in a daze, and found yourself focusing more on the candle. The candle itself was small and short, melted away and coming to it's end. The Undertaker usually left it for you. You liked it. It was a reminder that he was there.

Laying on your stomach, you lazily pushed yourself off the bed, sitting while slouched. Feeling a slight pain on your lower back, you reached to rub it. My, your back was a bit sore. Just how long did you have your wings out? Well, however long it was, you shouldn't have had them out for that long. You didn't realize they'd come out unconsciously. You supposed old habits were hard to get rid of. Still, while you've began to regularly sleep, you haven't slept in a long while. You didn't think they'd do it after all this time.

You let out a whine as you stretched out, your arms and wings extended. The wings on the sides of your head fluttered softly.

After you finished stretching, you got off your bed carefully, one foot after another. Your wings ruffled furiously as you stood up. Soon after, the wings on your back and head disappeared into light. Rubbing your face, you yawned greatly but silently. Due to the little light of the candle, you faintly noticed that a single one of your feathers had fallen. You spent some time looking at it tiredly and without thought, before slowly reaching to grab it. Holding it gently, you approached the candle, grabbed onto it's handle, and left your room.