But a Child and Father

The Undertaker was certainly not surprised when you came home. Though, the earliness in which you came was not necessarily what surprised him. Rather, it was how you came.

While it was the evening, the Undertaker expected for you to come home much later into the night. That wasn't the case.

The moment you entered the shop, the Undertaker could sense incredible awkwardness in the air, and as he walked through the hall until he caught site of you, he could instantly feel that this awkwardness did not leak from you, but rather, was reflected onto you by a certain someone. And while he knew that there was a plethora of people that could have made you feel that way, he could make a safe bet that it was the doing of the Phantomhive child, the little chihuahua.

As you shut the door behind you, you leaned your back on it with your gaze unfocused. You seemed to be thinking deeply about what ever it was that happened, whatever that boy told you.

"You look dreadful, angel," He told you, grinning at the possibilities of what the boy could have done to make you such a way.

You looked up at him quickly, blinking with the realization that you weren't alone. Although, it was a bit strange that you were surprised at all. Or maybe you weren't? Maybe you were moreso surprised at how fast he came to approach you.

The Undertaker laughed quietly as he saw a small frown form on your face.

Your cheeks lacked their particular pink color that they always had. A bit sad you were, the Undertaker thought.

As the Undertaker approached closer, you said nothing and met him in the middle, surprising him with silence.

"Oh? Hello. Tell me, how was your outing?"

You replied none and simply shook your head, not reciprocating eye contact.

"Ah, alright then. You wish not to speak of it, yes?"

You nodded.

"You do wish to speak of it?" He asked for clarification.

You shook your head harder than the last time.

"Oh, you're suggesting that 'yes' you wish not to speak of it."

Because of your lack of response, the Undertaker simply smiled some more. He gave you a small hug and decided to stroke your head.

After a prolonged moment of silence, you mumbled to him, "I don't understand anything at all. All he does is confuse and lie to me. . . " You stopped momentarily as your brows bunched together and lips pursed. Quietly, you told him, almost in a devastated manner, "Ciel doesn't like me at all."

The Undertaker did not laugh at this very obviously false statement and instead told you, "On the contrary, that boy does that to practically everyone."

"It's not nice!" You exclaimed in frustration, suddenly and tightly gripping and tugging on the Undertaker's clothing. "He's probably only doing it because he doesn't like me!"

The Undertaker frowned slightly and held a pointed finger to your face.

"You know I love when you cling, but do not tug on me."

You lessened your hold, a quick "Sorry" coming afterwards. "But he-"

"-Is a Phantomhive!" The Undertaker interrupted with the statement, as if that had any meaning or explanation to you.

You frowned a bit harder and you let go of the Undertaker, removing yourself from the hug.

"What does that have to do with anything?"