The Carriage

'Twas winter in Britain, the month of December!

Snow bore on the roofs of buildings and carriages that had yet to be used and moved, as that was the purpose of a carriage! Your discovery of the human invention know as the "carriage" was a rather joy-filled one considering, despite seeing them from afar, you had never been so close to one.

Though, because of your circumstances, it was inevitable for you to ride in one eventually.

See, after the well established friendship you achieved, Ciel and yourself occasionally wrote to each other. Letters, of course. It was a joyous experience, as this would be your very first time truly communicating with a human.

Every time a letter on his end would arrive to the Undertaker's shop, you'd drop everything simply out of excitement to read it. This is not an exaggeration. The first time you received a letter from the earl, you dropped a skull while studying it. (Was it fake? Who knows! The Undertaker simply handed it to you for you to learn about.)

The point being, you and the earl began getting to know each other. The friendship was being put into practice and from your point of view, it was to die for! Friendship was something you held deeply to yourself, as most do. But since being years since you've had any form of connection or friendship with someone, or anyone for that matter, you forgot how wonderful it truly felt. It was a heart-warming feeling, having someone to speak to, whether it be silly things or personal opinions. Though if you were being honest, which you always were due to your inability to lie, you would have to admit most of your opinions were positive. There weren't many things you disliked, besides- well- the bad things, obviously

Anyway, you sincerely loved your friendship with him.

Unfortunately, you could not say the same with Sebastian. You at some point made an attempt to send a letter to him, but never got a reply. Perhaps it never reached him? Or perhaps you wrote the letter in a manner that made it difficult for someone to reply to? Well, whatever the reason may be, you still liked the fact that you could see Sebastian as someone you could call a friend, despite the. . . obvious division between you two. You told yourself that you would speak to him if you ever got the chance to.

And alas! You got the chance, as Ciel asked you if you would like to spend the day together. To stroll around town, give you a proper thank you for that night, drink tea, talk properly, he said in the letter. You, of course, agreed.

And so back on the topic of carriages, you and Ciel were currently in one, his specifically.  The two of you were at the moment, heading to a specific part of London. 

A more safe area, Ciel claimed. 

You were a bit confused by the statement, but began connecting the dots considering the two of you faced two murderers, who were both Jack the Ripper, which would become the most infamous murder case in history.

So the two of you sat facing each other as Sebastian managed his way into town, with Ciel curiously watching you examine every detail about the carriage.

You bounced in your seat as you told him, "Humans are so creative! The fact that a human made this whole thing is soooo. . . ! Well- it's neat! And it looks so . . . neat!"

Ciel raised a brow to this, legs crossed with his cane set neatly on his lap.

"Do you not have carriages in Heaven?"

"No! None at all!"

"Really?"

"Well, yeah. Why would we need them if we can just fly, or walk?" You explained to him.