Out of Place

Sebastian fell back from, not only your lousy throw, but the impact of Grell striking him across the chest.

You grabbed at your head in panic as Grell let out an eccentric laugh.

"Now, show me a dramatic- No, a moving moving picture!"

Film exploded out of Sebastian's chest as you turned to Ciel to offer him a deep-hearted apology for hitting his butler, swearing that you were not in any way, shape, or form, on the side of Grell.

He stopped you from rambling by telling you a down-right, "It isn't your fault he's utterly incompetent."

"Aren't you worried about him? Don't you care?"

"A demon isn't worth my care."

You froze and gave the human a disturbed expression, opening your mouth before looking down at his arm.

"Hey! You're bleeding! A lot!"

He looked down to see his sleeve nearly drenched in his own blood. The red spread further into his clothes because of the rain, which had since then calmed down. It was sprinkling.

"It'll get dealt with when I return home."

"But that's an awful lot of blood! Don't humans need that to stay alive?"

He looked at you blankly.

"Do angels not need blood?"

You looked down.

"Um. Well- I mean- not really? It only makes us weak, but not to the extent of killing us. The only thing that can kill us is. . ." Your eyes widened as you turned back to Ciel in sudden excitement. "Wait, I know!"

"What are you talking about?"

You smiled brightly as you reached closer to him, pointing to your lips.

"Let me try kissing you!"

Ciel continued to stare at you in a deadpanned expression as you stared back at him in expectancy.

Then it hit him.

"WHAT?! NO WAY!" He yelled, covering his mouth with his good arm and scooting far away from you.

You tilted your head, confused at this reaction.

"Why not? You're loosing a lot of blood!"

"What the Hell do you mean 'kiss'?! Just what are you trying to do right now?!"

Your eyebrows fell down in worry.

"What's wrong with a kiss? It'll make you feel better," you explained. "You know? Like the saying, 'kissing a booboo all better'! Do humans not have that?"

"That's only a phrase, you idiot!"

You looked at him in confusion and shook your head in defense, "No, it's not. What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?! What are you talking about, kissing another boy?! Kissing anyone, for that matter?!"

You shook your head again as you frowned, watching Ciel as he made an 'X' shape with his arms to prevent you from getting closer.

"I don't understand. . . Can humans not heal through kisses? And what does kissing a boy have anything to do with it? It's only. . . A kiss? What's the big deal?"

Ciel scoffed at your confusion

"You can't just kiss anyone! And I already explained to you, kisses can't really heal. That's just something people say!"