Prologue

Note: Hello! If you are reading this then thanks for giving this story a shot. Its my first attempt to write a mystery/ thriller kind of story.

This story was inspired by a dream my best friend had. You can say she is my well of inspiration.

Without further a do, it begins. :)

---
Patricia's POV:

She's gone.

The sirens fill the quiet air that surrounded the afternoon of our subdivision. People stand hesitantly on their front yard. In robes and pajamas.

It was a Sunday after all.

I watch across the yard along with some of the neighbors as the cop cars park across the lawn of the two story house. Its walls were painted blue.

I look up at one of the windows. The curtains were drawn.

She wasn't there.

I glance at the familiar and unfamiliar faces of our neighbors. Each wore a different expression. From confused faces, to accusing ones and ones that tempted me to smash their faces into the pavement.

"She was a good girl. Why on earth would she run away like that?"

I hear one of them say. I try to tune them out, but I couldn't. Running away would probably be their first and only thought. Our town was too peaceful, they say. So no one would think something else happened to her. But I knew Jasmine, she would never run away like that.

At least without giving me a heads up.

"I tell you, its all that Jasper boys fault. She's been hanging around him. We all know no good comes out of hanging around with that boy. He's disturbed."

My hands turn to fists as I scan the area for the familiar dirty blonde who last saw her. I find him hidden behind a crowd of people. His face was emotionless. A blank stoic mask.

His dark green eyes find mine quickly before I look away. Clenching my fists more.

"Well, its not like that Patricia girl is better company. She's practically a town harlot. Jasmine, bless her soul, seemed to choose the wrong company. From bad to worse."

It hurt. I glare at the gossiping ladies a few steps away from me and, as if a force beckoned them, they turned to face me and shame washes over their features as I stare at them. After I felt satisfied that they felt enough shame, I walk away from them. It was only a matter of time before the cops were going to ask the people for questions. And of course, their first stop would be our house a few lots away. Might as well save them the trouble of looking for Jasmines best friend.

I cross the police line, why they bothered to put that around the house was beyond me. No one was dead. And from what I have gathered, there was no forced entry as well. Before entering the house I glance back at Jasper who was no longer there.

He was officially on my suspects list.

"Miss, you are not allowed to be in here."

One of the guards stop me as I enter the hallway that lead to the living room. From the corner I could see Jasmines grandmother, sitting on the couch. Her eyes were red. She had been crying an awful lot.

I continue to walk when a hand was placed in front of me, blocking my path.

"Miss, I must ask you to leave." I turn to snap at the guard, glaring at him but before I could speak. Jasmine's grandmother had called me.

"Patty dear, is that you?" She calls from the living room. The police officer sighs in defeat as he let me pass. I could have given him a smug look if I was not feeling totally shitty.