Bella The Thrill Seeker

It takes Jake no time at all to fix up the bikes. After two, long months of watching the half handed flirting and sneaky glances from the two awkward people I call family. I'm sitting on the tail bed of the truck watching Jake give Bella a crash course on how to drive a bike.

     "This is the break, you turn this to accelerate." Jake tells Bella and I lean back looking at the landscape around me. "Bella, this is crazy you should wear a helmet." I tell her and she glances back at me with Jake before looking back down at the handlebar of the bike. "I'm ready."

    "Oh my god." I reply rolling my eyes and laying back against the truck beds hard surface. "This is a disaster waiting to happen." I mutter to myself. Not even twenty seconds later, I'm hearing Jake scream Bella's name and I'm sitting up quickly. "Bella!" I shout jumping off the back of the truck running towards the pair. Seeing blood on Bella's forehead trickling down her face. I put my hands on my hips and glare at her. "See! I told you this was a bad idea! You never listen to me at al....Jake when did you get so...so muscularly?" I say with a huff while he bends down putting his shirt against Bella's cut.

     Two weeks later, after the dirt bike disaster and Dad forbidding Bella to operate any bikes of any kind. We're back in the woods hiking...again! A fight with Jake, has Bella sad after the movies. Seeing Jake acting weird then storming out. Billy says he has mono and that he needs rest. I think it's crazy seeing as mono doesn't make you lash out like that. He was even burning up. Bella wanted to show me the meadow Edward took her to and I'm looking over my shoulder every few seconds, regretting my life choices coming into the woods. "It was spring time when we came. All the wildflowers were here." Bella says and I look around at the field of dead grass while I sip my water. "I see Edward, when I do dangerous things. That's why I've been so adamant on doing reckless stuff, when I'd never do it before." Bella admits and I nod looking at her. "I figured as much, didn't like it. I'm your sister I notice things. Don't give me that look Bella. You're scaring me." I say while she grabs my hand and pulls me to her side while I look back seeing a man across the field.

     "Is that."

     "Laurent." My sister says and I squeeze her hand tighter standing closer to her while Laurent speeds to us. Stopping in front of us only three feet away. "I learned the Olympia coven left. Leaving you two defenseless. Victoria said I shouldn't touch you Bella, seeing as she has big plans for you. As for your sister, she is mine for the taking." Laurent says coming closer to my side, sniffing my hair and neck and I squeeze my eyes shut. "Get away from her." Bella says and Laurent chuckles stepping back slightly from me to glance at Bella. "Although your blood smells amazing dear Bella, your sisters, is well, divine. It's been agonizing to stay away from her. Now you have no protection, I will savor your blood until you are turned and you will become my mate." Laurent says before grabbing me away from Bella and I scream.

    The growls of wolves has Laurent releasing me and I fall back on the grass. Looking back, I see the wolves coming out of the tree line. Looking back at Laurent he looks down at me. "Wolves always ruining the fun, I'll come back for you." Laurent says before running off. Two wolves stop close to us. The gray one, with the white face, stops right in front of me and I'm petting his head before he takes off after the rest. The other one lingers, it's a new one. Russet in color absolutely beautiful. "You're new." I say standing up before it takes off after the rest of its pack.

         "Bella get us out of here."

         "Nope, absolutely not!" I tell Bella while she stands at the edge of the cliff. "Why Drew! It's not even the highest rock." Bella shouts brushing my hand off her arm. "Bella please don't do this." I say while she steps closer before I look back at my phone. "If you jump, I'm coming in after you. The water is freezing you'll get hyperthermia and so will I because I was stupid enough to come in after you."

      "Sorry." Bella mutters before jumping and I'm screaming her name before jumping in after her.

      The water is like ice, like thousands of sharp needles prickling my skin. I see Bella a couple feet away and I swim towards her with all I have. My muscles begin to spasm and freeze up from the cold. Feeling myself get pulled deeper down to the bottom of the ocean I begin to panic. I just barely grasp Bella's fingertips before my eyes shut.

     Coughing up water. I feel myself get turned on my side before I'm forcing myself up to cough out any remaining sea water. Looking over, I see Embry. "Embry?" I whisper and he grasps my shoulders. "Are you crazy?! Cliff jumping in this weather. Your sister and you should be lucky Jake and I were close by and heard your screams." Embry says and I grasp his hands and push them off before I'm hugging him. "Thank you. It was Bella's idea. I didn't want to do it, I tried to stop her. She jumped in and I went in after her because I'm always saving her ass." I chuckle while I hold him closer. "You're really warm and you're shirtless. How do you stay so warm in this weather?" I ask rhetorically and he laughs wrapping a blanket around me before picking me up. "C'mon let's get you home and in some warm clothes."