The Girl Who Stopped Existing

When Bella woke she didn't speak, didn't eat, didn't do anything but sit in her chair looking out the window. When she wasn't doing that she was waking Dad and I both up with her nightmares. It got to the point, where I had to sleep in the same bed as her, to console her when she woke.

      I began to hangout with Jake less and less. Seeing as Bella came first. I tried to get her to tell me what happened. To ask why they left but she doesn't answer, just continuing to look out the window. The one day I talked to Jake he told me how Embry joined the cult/gang of Sam's group and I furrow my eyebrows. "What?" I ask turning back to look at him from folding his laundry for him. "Yeah." He got sick then one day I see him. He cut all his hair off, grew six inches and buffed out. Got the same tattoo the others have." Jake says and I set down the Jacket I'm holding to sit next to him on his bed. "Well you always have me and Quill." I say softly while I pull him into a side hug.

    After finishing with Jake cleaning his house I leave and head back home. Slamming on my breaks, I see a wolf run past and stop at the tree line. This one is new, with a creamy white face and grayish body of varying shades. It's a little smaller than the rest, but still massive and I continue on, looking at it one last time, before I pass it and it takes off into the woods. Seeing Paul, jogging on the side of the road, barefoot for that matter,  I slow down and look at him. Reaching across to the passenger door, I roll down the window and call for him. "Paul! What have I told you about running around like that!" I say and he stops looking back at me and smirking. "I told you I run hot. You did say I was like a heater." Narrowing my eyes he laughs and I tell him to have a good day, and to put some shoes on before heading home.

    Bella, still in the same spot as this morning has me dropping my stuff in my room before heading back to her. "Alright Bella, get up. You're taking a shower and getting out of the house with me." Not answering she continues to look out the window and I grow dejected. "C'mon Bella, please. They've been gone for months now. I know you love him but right now, in this moment, there's nothing we can do. So, when they come back, you, won't look like a walking fucking corpse when they do." I finish and she still doesn't move and I huff walking out of her room. Walking outside. I breathe deeply. The setting sun falling behind the trees, barely peeking out from the clouds and I feel the tears begin to fall. "What am I gonna do?" I whisper before I hear the breaking of a tree limb. Turning in that direction, I take a step back before I see the wolf from earlier shuffle past, sitting down in the tree line. Looking back at the house, the wolf isn't near the back window, that faces Bella's room and I look back at the wolf before it emerges and I take another step back. It stops, lowering its ears, lowering itself slowly, to the ground. "You won't hurt me." I whisper seeing the wolf's intelligence as it lays down fully and I begin to walk slowly up to it. Like the others it's huge, and I slowly sink down until I'm eye level with it. Reaching out a hand, the wolf lets me pet it and I smile fully sitting down on the ground. "You're just like the others." I say petting it behind its ears, while its tongue hangs out causing me to laugh lightly. "So pretty." I say before hearing a howl in the distance and its head lifts up slowly before turning in that direction. "I guess you're being summoned." I say while the wolf stands back to its full height and I stand back up as well. "This is so weird." I mutter under my breath and the wolf lowers its head, until it's laying against my chest, and I hug it before it pulls away, beginning to nudge me back towards my house. "Okay. Okay. I'm going inside now. I just hope you don't get into too much trouble with your pack." I say nonchalantly not thinking about it. The wolf licks my face, and I squeal backing up, looking at the wolf who grins at me. "Gross." I say laughing before it takes off into the woods.

     Embry didn't know much about being a shapeshifter. Only that it was cool he could turn into a massive wolf. He would never get sick again, his body would forever run hot, he grew six inches, grew massive, cut his hair and got a tattoo all within a week. He was never told though, about imprints, until a week after he finally was able to somewhat get his shifting under control. He remembers the words Sam told him and he never expected it to happen to him so soon. He ran across the road and stopped seeing a truck slam on its breaks. For some reason, his wolf wouldn't let him leave. Turning, he saw a girl driving past him. Glancing at her eyes. That feeling Sam told him he would get, when he found her, fell into place, and he realized it was Drew Swan. He always harbored a small crush on the girl. Her coming back, those feelings resurfaced and the thoughts of his brothers coming through had him stepping back and running into the woods.

    "It happened and with Drew Swan no less." Jared says and Embry jumps over logs and ducks when needed to meet his brothers. "Yeah, Yeah." Embry says joining his brothers and Paul rubs up against him, bumping him over slightly. "She's a sweet girl, a perfect match for you." Paul replies and the memories from earlier flash through his mind for his brothers to see. "Yes she is. You think Sam would be mad if I seen her again?" Embry asks the two males and Embry jumps when Sam enters his thoughts next. "You have Patrol Embry. After, you can see her but in human form."

All Embry could do during his patrol was think of her and count down the hours, minutes, and seconds until he sees her again.