New Girls

The morning is slow and I'm heading downstairs with my backpack hanging over my left shoulder. With a yawn from me, I grab some breakfast before heading to school with Bella.

The school is full of kids, and they all watch as we pull in and I feel my heart racing. Getting out, I follow behind Bella, seeing the looks from my new peers and I play with the end of my sweater walking into the school. "You must be Bella and Drew Swan. I'm Eric Yorkie, the eyes and ears of this place. I'm here if you need anything, a shoulder to cry on. I'm your guy." Eric says and I smile while Bella nods. "Well Eric, can you show us to our homeroom?"

Biology rolls around and I sit next to a guy who glances at me once then turns back quickly sticking out his hand. "Hi I'm Mike, Mike Newton."

"Drew Swan." I respond before seeing Bella walk in and I see a guy across from me cover his nose before looking over at me. I think to myself for him to calm down, that it's okay. Thinking the guy must be going through it and he visibly relaxes when my sister sits next to him. Class goes on with the ring of the bell and the guy leaves in a rush. "You wanna sit with me at lunch." Mike asks and I glance over to Bella who waits for me and I look back at Mike. "Sure, if my sister can join?" With a nod from him, we walk out to drop off our schedules to the front desk. Seeing the guy from earlier getting angry that he can't change his schedule. He looks back seeing Bella and I before leaving the office quickly. Letting the front desk know we can keep our schedule, we head to lunch and sit down with Mike and his friends.

After lunch Bella and I head home and I'm left wondering about the guy. "What was his problem and why does it have to do with my sister?"