Tales of Legend, Possibly Based on Truth

The next morning, I'm slowly pulling myself from the warm confines of my bed. "I'll miss you." I whisper softly before dressing in Jeans and a thick sweater with my ankle boots. Brushing my hair, I pull it up into a bun and I'm not bothering with makeup today. I meet Bella downstairs for breakfast and I eat fast before brushing my teeth after. I follow Bella to the car and she hands me the keys. "I'm driving today?" With a quick "yes" from her I'm biting the inside of my cheek and I'm getting into the burnt orange truck.

"You know, I've never driven in these rainy-cold conditions before but hey, it's a first for everything." I say while cranking the truck. The drive to school was easier than I'd thought it would be and I'm parking in our spot from yesterday. Grabbing my things, handing Bella the keys I'm entering into the school. Bella hangs back and I look back before rolling my eyes and grabbing her arm softly. "C'mon, Bells, it's been a week and he still hasn't shown." I say while seeing the Cullen family by their cars.

After that whole incident in biology. The boy I now learned to be Edward has yet to return to school. "He will be back eventually, Alice told me he was sick." I say while Bella looks over to me. "You've talked with Alice?" With a nod from me we make it to our shared first period and we sit next to each other. "We share history together along with her boyfriend Jasper. He's quiet but nice." I finish while we get ready for math.

The lesson goes on normally and we're heading through the class day like normal until we get to biology. There I see Edward and I glance at Bella who looks at me. "You'll be fine." I whisper before saying a quick hello to Mike before I'm sitting down and gathering all the required materials for this lab. Throughout the class I'm glancing over at Edward and Bella and I smile softly. "At least they're getting along." I think to myself and I see Edward tilt his head in my direction and I look down back at my work. The teacher talks about a field trip and I grin while packing up my things when the bell rings.

I leave the school grounds, meeting up with Angela and Eric for the beach trip. Bella follows the group and we stop at a beautiful beach. "I've only ever been here once." I say to Bella while we park and follow the group down to the beach to start a bonfire by Tyler's van. Looking off into the distance, I see Jacob and two others I don't recognize and I'm standing from my spot. "Jacob is here." I say meeting him half way. "Hey Jacob." Bringing him into a hug I glance at the other two boys before looking back at Jacob. "Who are they?" I whisper near his ear while he laughs. "Quill and Embry." He says and I look back at the two boys before looking back at Jacob.

"Shut up." I say to him before looking back over to the boys. "Sorry, the last time we all hung out was when we were nine." I say before they both smile and I hug them both. "Well Bella is over there Jacob, I'm going to walk down the beach. It was good to see you both." I say before parting ways with the trio and heading down the beach.

After getting home, Bella tells me the story of the cold ones and shapeshifters. Jacob told her about it, when she mentioned Edward and his family to him. "Jacob told you this?" I ask while getting curious and googling the stories. "Well not much comes up but there is a bookstore that sells the Native American folklore surrounding the Quileute tribe." I say while glancing up to Bella. "The Cullen's don't come here. Thats what was said?" With a nod from her I face her fully from my bed. "Well, the only thing I can think of with cold ones, is......vampires. If that's true, I'm taking my ass to Florida. The shapeshifters, on the other hand can be anything." I say while Bella looks back at me from her book she's reading. "Jacob said Wolves." And I raise a brow. "Sooo, werewolves?" I pointed out while she laughs getting up. "I'm not going anywhere near this. This is crazy, if this is real, I'm gone. The next flight to Florida, will have me on it." I say while she bends down to kiss my head after saying goodnight. "I'm serious!" I shout before I hear Bella closing her bedroom door.