Part 14

Jaehyun and Hendery are sitting in the common room and feel the heavy atmosphere. Jeno says nothing, Renjun doesn't seem to be in a good mood, and Taeyong has been reading the same page for at least 20 minutes without making any progress. Sicheng hasn't said a word yet.

"Oh, did someone die?" Ten asks as he arrives, immediately sensing the bad vibes.

No one answers, finally Renjun leaves the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Taeyong sighs and glances at Jeno. The other is tense but doesn't say anything. He knows Renjun is mad at Jeno because of his behavior yesterday.

Ten rolls his eyes, just a fight, he thinks. He goes to sit down next to Jaehyun and Hendery. The three start talking, lifting the mood in the room a little. Taeyong finally turns on the TV. It's rare for him to do this, but he can't really concentrate so he gives up.

Renjun comes back a little later in the morning, and now there are Sungchan, Chenle, and Jisung who have just returned from class. The three of them greet Renjun, and he smiles back in a slightly better mood.

"Have you seen Jaemin ?" Chenle asks, "He's supposed to accompany me to District 2 this afternoon."

"Why don't you go with someone else?" Jaehyun says. "I'd like him to rest a little more."

Chenle folds his arms, he really wants to go with Jaemin, he promised him. Jaehyun laughs at the younger boy's behavior. He turns his head again when the door opens. Jaemin appears with a big smile.

He lifts a briefcase he is carrying and everyone looks at him without understanding.

"I stole a briefcase of money from a dealer who came to our territory," Jaemin laughs, "with all this I'll be able to buy a nice gift for my Jisungie."

He finishes by saying, quickly making his way to Jisung's side and hugging him. Jisung tries to break free and avoids Jaemin's kisses. Chenle laughs and comes to film Jisung's suffering.

Jeno looks at Jaemin with a small smile, before finally refocusing on Renjun. He comes to caress his hair but Renjun still doesn't seem to be in a good mood. He doesn't say anything but doesn't answer either. It's already better than before.

"Jisungie," Jaemin begins

But he doesn't have time to finish his sentence before he feels himself falter. Jaehyun is the quickest to react and gets up straight away to catch Jaemin. Jaemin quickly gets back on his feet and laughs as if nothing had happened.

Sicheng looks at him and frowns slightly, he shouldn't be having these kinds of problems. They're not in the side effects of his medication. He makes a mental note, if Jaemin doesn't want to come see him, he just has to observe him.

"I'm going to go up and rest for a bit," Jaemin says, "what time are we leaving, Chenle?

"Whenever you want," Chenle says.

Jaemin puts his thumb up and leaves the living room to go to his room.