28.

Sitting behind his desk, Ranbir watched intently his main laptop. Aryan and Mayank had long gone.

He had already kept the other laptops away safely. There was just a tiny but to do to get the location of who was watching him.
His laptop displayed 15 minutes left and his smirk began to form. He will soon know who dared to enter his house.

His mind was trying to figure out who it could have been but nothing came.
Now, he will know soon.

His phone started ringing and he would have totally ignored it, nevertheless he picked it up when Prachi's name flashed.

Ranbir: "Preciosa..."
"Mr. Kohli..."
His forehead scrunched in confusion on hearing a male voice.
Ranbir: "Yes, speaking..."
"I am calling from XYZ hospital... your wife has been admitted. Please come immediately."

He turned tensed the moment he heard hospital but grew even more anxious as the sentence ended.
He hung up and immediately rushed out of his cabin, leaving everyone around puzzled.

He got into his car as quickly as possible and began driving to his destination in such a rush that he broke many road rules.
It didn't matter... nothing matters more than Prachi, after all.

He reached the hospital and went straight to the reception.
"The accident case, please head to the first floor, room number 5."
Ranbir once again rushed there and entered the room hastily.

He sighed on seeing her sitting on the bed unharmed. Prachi also saw him and smiled slightly at him.
He closed the distance in between them in a few strides only and engulfed her into a hug. She too reciprocated it and was also relieved.

Subtle tears escaped her eyes as she tightened their hug. He slowly broke it and questioned her: "Are you okay?"
He cupped her face in his palms and she nodded yes: "I am... I am good."
He connected their foreheads in a way to comfort both of them.

"Mr. Kohli..."
It was only then that Ranbir acknowledged the third person in the room.
The doctor had given them a little moment but he had to do his job as well.
"Your wife is perfectly fine. The college janitor brought her in. She fainted only because she was scared."

Ranbir's worried eyes turned to her. She reassured him through sign that she was okay.
The doctor: "I will prepare her discharge paper, then you can take her home."

Ranbir nodded yes and when they were left alone, he leaned in and kissed her forehead.
She held his hands that were caressing her cheeks. Her little tears made him conscious that she was still scared.

Ranbir, reassuringly: "You are fine and with me now. Don't be afraid. I am not going to let anything happen to you."
He once again kissed her forehead and hugged her.

A knock on the door made them separate and Ranbir turned to see an older man.
Prachi: "He is..."

Ranbir: "Our janitor."
He knew him as well and approached him to thank him wholeheartedly.
"Oh no, dear. All of you are like my own children."
Ranbir: "If you ever need something, please let me know..."
He nodded yes.

Prachi excused herself to go to the washroom leaving Ranbir and the janitor alone in the room.
Janitor: "Ranbir, when I saved Prachi, she had fell unconscious but I saw everything after."
Ranbir grew confused and looked at him questioningly.

"When you almost cause an accident, even if you want to run away, seeing the person alright should bring relief to you, right?"
Ranbir nodded yes.
"But the driver... when he stopped to look back at her, he wasn't relieved that she was okay. Instead, he was disappointed. It looked like he..."
Ranbir: "He deliberately did that..."
The janitor agreed and then added: "I memorised the number plate."