14.

Prachi watched amusedly as her in-laws were fighting on whom is going to feed her.
Both her mother-lin-law and father-in-law were arguing on that subject and it really touched her.
Especially coming from Vikram, since Abhi hadn't been so affectionate to her.

Ranbir too watched his parents while serving his wife and himself. He didn't know what the fuss was but seeing his wife admiring that scene, he knew it meant something to her.
He took a spoon filled with soup and forwarded it to Prachi. Her forehead scrunched in confusion and she nodded no.
Ranbir: « Why not? »

Prachi: « Because they are fighting over that only. »
He shook his head amusedly and then exclaimed: « I am feeding her first, then you both can. »
He signed Prachi to eat and she obeyed quietly. She had the bite and looked at her in-laws' expression.
They weren't mad, in fact they looked happy.

And indeed they were happy. Like everyone else, they were also seeing changes in Ranbir. They could see how much he cared for Prachi and were overjoyed by that new development.

Pallavi, teasingly: " Well, since you started to feed her, please continue. After all, she is your wife."
Vikram chuckled and took his seat.

Pranbir looked at each other awkwardly knowing that his parents were trying to play cupid in between them. Unaware to them, the cupid had already started its job.
Ranbir pulled her chair closer to him and took the spoon. He blew on the hot soup and then forwarded it to her. She immediately drank it all the while avoiding eye-contact with him.

Pallavi: "How is it, Prachi?"
"Nice Aunty..."
Pallavi: "Actually I don't usually make soup. Glad that you like it though."
Her daughter-in-law smiled at her before drinking another spoon.

Ranbir patiently made her drink most of it and it was only then, that she realised that his plate was untouched.
Prachi: "You too eat... I am done anyway."
Ranbir: "There is only a little left. Finish it, then I will also eat."
She nodded and tried as fast as possible to finish hers.

Ranbir started eating after she was done.
Vikram: "Prachi, take some days off from college. At least a week. I can talk to them.
Prachi: « No, Uncle. There are revision sessions going on. I can't miss them. »
Ranbir: « It's fine, Dad. I already talked to the principal and will help her as well. »
Vikram: « Okay then... as you two say. »
Prachi thanked him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next morning:
Prachi woke up late due to medication effects, she looked around but didn't find her husband. However, distant sounds of running water indicated her about his location.

She sat up straight and put her arm on a pillow. Her eyes went to the wardrobe and then bathroom. Confusion laced her features as she wondered what to do.
Prachi, to herself: « How am I going to do this? »
« Do what? »
His voice startled her but she quickly redeemed herself and turned in his direction. He was dressed in a casual outfit: black jeans with a white shirt.
The white shirt showcased all his body features highlighting his perfect sculpture. She couldn't help but admire him from head to toe.

As he was busy wiping his wet hair with a towel, he didn't quite notice her drooling over his body which Prachi was thankful of.
Ranbir: « You didn't answer me? »
Prachi, redeeming herself: "Sorry, what?"
He repeated his question and then turned to her. His messy hair had once again distracted her.
She had never seen him in messy hair, he was always well dressed and looking perfect. The messy hair made him look cuter than ever. She so wished she could touch them and feel their softness on her fingertips.

Ranbir: "Prachi? What's wrong?"
Her cheeks grew red in embarrassment which Ranbir noticed but was confused of the reason.
Prachi: « Nothing... I was thinking I can brush my teeth on my own, but bath? »