13

Kohli's mansion:
Ranbir had brought Prachi back home. Vikram, Pallavi and Abhigya were there and the ladies were taking good care of her.

Vikram: 'Ranbir, I will manage the business calls and events, you stay with her.'
Before Ranbir could say yes, Prachi intervened: 'Uncle, it's fine... And plus, Ranbir shouldn't ignore his business for me. I will take care of myself. He needs to attend the events. It's his success afterall.'
Vikram looked in between his son and daughter-in-law and had to agree.

Param settled next to Prachi and whispered: 'Di, Ranbir would have stayed with you but you...'
He facepalmed himself while she chuckled.
Prachi, amusedly: 'Who will make video games for you if he is with me?'
Param's eyes grew bigger on that and he nodded yes.

There was a knock on the door and soon Aryan/Mayank came there. While Aryan went to Prachi straightforwardly, Mayank stood next to Ranbir worriedly.
Aryan: 'How are you doing?'
Her smile was enough to tell him that she was all good. He took Param in his arms and then sat with him in his lap.

Param: 'That's not fair, I was here before...'
Aryan: 'You are small, we both can fit the area.'
Prachi chuckled on seeing their little banters but the smile quickly vanished when she noticed Ranbir leaving the hall with Mayank. They both went up the stairs.
She recalled how Ranbir had asked Mayank to get the video surveillance footages but she wasn't worried about what they would find, she was more worried wondering if Mayank will do something.

Pranbir's room:
Mayank handed over the pendrive to Ranbir and they began watching the footage. They fast forwarded it to the time when Prachi went upstairs and watched as one of the servant had followed her.
Ranbir: 'Who is he?'
Mayank: 'No idea, but we can question the catering company.'
His best friend only nodded at him and watched intently. The footage showed Prachi near the stairs; looking down to the crowd of people and soon a girl dressed in an elegant dress came into view.

The boys watched as the girl forwarded her hands and psuhed Prachi with her force. As Prachi started falling, she immediately ran inside, not once showing her face to the camera.
Ranbir: 'Damn it... Don't we have footage of the rooms upstairs?'
Mayank nodded no: 'The cameras are only in the hall and that one on the stairs. No room footages...'
Ranbir: 'What about the servant? He might have seen someone...'
Mayank: 'I will get in contact with the catering company.'
Ranbir replayed the video and realised something.

'Get me the video footage of the hall...'
Mayank looked at him confused and Ranbir began elaborating: 'She was dressed for the party, means she must have been in the party. One camera must have caught her. Search everything, Mayank... I am not going to spare the people who dare to hurt Prachi.'

His stern, strict and threatening voice made Mayank look at him.
Mayank: 'Aren' you getting too much protective of her?'
This question made Ranbir look at him and he was out of word.

Mayank: 'I know you said that you would give your wedding a chance but that much of protectiveness?'
Ranbir: 'Whoever did that, did it in a public place, in my own party, Mayank. I have a reputation and Dad too, need to consider that as well.'
He lied... it was the first time he lied to Mayank but he had no choice. He couldn't explain as to how important Prachi was becoming to him day by day. He knew Mayank won't understand as well.

Mayank knew it though... and clenched his fists in anger which Ranbir didn't notice. His best friend was lying to him and that too for a girl... but he knew Prachi wasn't just a random girl. He wanted her too and he wanted to find the culprit as well.
Mayank: 'I will call you if I find something else...'
Ranbir nodded and they both left the room to join the others in the hall.

Prachi's eyes met Ranbir's as soon as he stepped into the living room. She signed him but he reassured her that it was fine. He wasn't going to worry her. He willl handle it on his own. Aryan began talking to her which made him break the eye-contact.
Prachi's eyes went to Mayank, he wasn't looking at her but his demeanor showcased his anger. His nostrils flared and he had his fists clenched. Prachi looked in between the best friends worriedly.