Chapter 63

They had a meeting, where Steve and Lourd had explained everything that had happened.

Steve wanted to tell everyone about the attack plan, but Lourd wouldn't let him. He said 'they weren't ready'.

"We will hold a funeral for our fallen soldiers in a few days," Lourd said to everyone. "You are all dismissed now."

Now, Steve, Jay, Ruby, Alex, Kirai, Scullscan, Nomis, and Tommy were down in the mines, mining for iron. Luckily, Herobrine hadn't hit this area yet, so there was still plenty of iron down there.

Eventually the eight of them had split up in the mines. They were in a big cave with water and lava everywhere. There were several passages leading other places, and some of them went there.

Steve was up on a ledge in the cave. He was pretty sure it was night time outside, but that didn't matter. Ruby came around the corner.

"Steve, I have to tell you something," she said.

"What is it, Ruby?" Steve asked, mining a vein of iron he had found.

Ruby bit her lip. She hesitated, then she finally said, "Alex is a spy for Mojang."

Steve stopped. He turned to face Ruby.

"Don't be silly. She's my childhood best friend," Steve replied.

"Steve, I heard her talking on her phone. She specifically said, 'Tell Notch I say hi'." Ruby persisted.

"Sounds like a joke to me," Steve waved her off.

"Steve. You have to believe me," Ruby pleaded.

Steve looked her in the eye. "You have a bad case of jealousy, don't you?"

Ruby's jaw dropped. "I do not! But anyway, you know there's a spy in the Resistance. Who else would it be?"

"We proved that Todd is--" Steve stopped.

~~FLASHBACK~~

"I thought the spy was gonna deal with that," Zeta whined.

"I don't trust the spy," Epsilon replied.

~~ANOTHER FLASHBACK~~

"WOULD A SPY BE SAVING YOU?"

~~YET ANOTHER FLASHBACK~~

"I'll be right back," Alex said, and she left the room in a hurry. Ruby glared at her as she left.

~~END OF FLASHBACKS~~

Ruby was staring at him.

"You...you're right," Steve said. "We have to tell someone."

"But we don't have any proof. No one will believe us," Ruby replied sadly.

"We could...we could..." Steve tried thinking of something they could do.

"Sorry, but without proof, we can't do anything," Ruby said.

"Wait! She knows about our plans to attack Mojang!" Steve exclaimed.

"That's what I was trying to tell you," Ruby said.

"We have to stop her! She could tell Mojang!" Steve said.

"I broke her phone. There's no way she could communicate with them," Ruby answered.

Steve thought for a moment. Then a realization hit him.

"Cameras," he whispered.

"What?" Ruby asked.