Chapter 46

Alpha's Point of View

It was time.

Time to attack Creektown.

And end the Resistance once and for all.

Alpha stood in front of the troops. It had been almost an hour since he said they would attack in an hour.

The commanders of each unit were preparing their troops. Eta made sure the Witches had a proper arsenal of potions. Delta gave his Slimes a pep talk. Gamma and the Spiders were doing some sort of web exercise. Beta gave his Skeletons enchanted bows.

The Zombies stared at Alpha, awaiting orders. "We will attack in a few minutes," Alpha said to them.

Beta came over to Alpha. "Are your Zombies quite ready yet?" he asked in a raspy voice.

"They were ready way before yours were!" Alpha shouted back in his gravelly voice.

"Okay. Because punching the enemy is definitely the best way to attack," Beta replied.

Was he mocking him? Alpha couldn't believe that.

"Yeah, and shooting them from a distance is so much better," Alpha retorted.

Beta just shook his head and walked away. That little low life corpse! Alpha thought.

Then Jean walked up to Alpha. "Is everyone ready to go?" she asked him.

"Yes sir! Er...ma'am!" Alpha answered.

"Then--" Jean was cut off by the lights flickering off. The A/C stopped, and the computers stopped whirring. All power went out.

Steve and the strike team had succeeded.

Which meant, the monsters were no longer under Mojang's control.

Monsters started attacking anyone in sight. Human screams were heard all over the place.

But then, the power came back on.

The monsters were back under Mojang's control.

Because Mojang had emergency generators.

The monster stopped attacking everyone.

It was only for a moment, but while Alpha was free of their control, he felt...something.

A hatred.

For Mojang.

And it stayed with him.

Jean had survived the brief attack. She straightened her hair, then said, "Time to attack the Resistance!"

The Mojang monsters got back in their lines.

And then they marched, Alpha leading them.

* * *

Ruby's Point of View

The sun was setting. Ruby was sitting on the roof of her house, watching it.

Just a few days ago, Steve had been up here with her, and they had kissed for like an hour. Now, Ruby was alone. Steve was off on a mission to destroy the power plant.

She hoped he and the others would be okay.

Ruby loved watching the sun set. She did it every time she had the time. Tonight was one of those nights.

Suddenly, Ruby heard a noise.

It sounded kind of like an Enderman teleporting.

But louder.