Chapter 23

Ruby stood up, still not letting go of Steve's hand. "Come on," she said. "Let's go back to Lourd."

Steve stood up. "Okay." They were still holding hands, and he looked at them. Then he looked at Ruby.

"Um...were we...? Ya know..." Steve stammered.

Ruby looked at him, confused, but then seemed to remember his amnesia. She smiled.

"We w--" she was cut off suddenly by a loud scream.

The two immediately stopped holding hands and looked at the door. Ruby looked out the window, noticing it was dark.

"Oh no..." She muttered something under her breath.

"What?" Steve asked.

"I forgot I'm on the Zombie shift tonight!" And she sprinted out the door.

Steve had no idea what was going on. So he followed her out the door.

It would've been pitch black if it weren't for the glowstone lamps on the corners and the lights from the houses. Even so, the darkness around the village looked thick. He wondered how many monsters were lurking in the shadows right now.

He heard another scream. It came from the other end of the village. Steve ran in that direction. Ruby was nowhere in sight.

As he ran, he noticed Villagers and Minecraftians cowering in their houses. They must not like the night time.

When he passed the center of the village, he saw an iron golem battling a bunch of monsters. He was normal sized, nothing like The Iron Destroyer was. He had battle scars, so Steve figured he must be very old.

Steve ran past the iron golem, who clearly didn't need any help. At the other end of the village, he spotted Ruby slashing Zombies with her sword. She was outside of a house. Zombies were trying to break down the door, and Ruby was slicing all of them, trying to get them away from the house.

Steve drew his stone sword, regretting his decision to come help. He didn't even have a good weapon to fight with!

But, if he was gonna be the leader of the Resistance, he had to help.

He charged towards the battle, when something caught his eye over near a different house. Zombies were trying to break in there too! And he saw three people in there, a man, a woman, and the six year old that had said hi to him earlier.

Steve remembered the family from Harville. They were killed by Zombies, then turned into Zombie Villagers.

He was not going to let that happen to this family.

The Zombies were hacking away at the door. The man stood in front of his family defiantly, iron sword in hands. He was ready for when the Zombies broke down the door.

But Steve wouldn't let that happen. He reached the crowd of six or seven Zombies and starting slashing one with his sword.

It didn't notice him. It was too busy trying to break in the house.

Steve killed that one, and moved on to the next. It was taking much longer than it should, since he only had a stone sword. But it was slowly working.

When there were three Zombies left, they broke down the door. Steve started slashing one, which turned around to battle him. Unfortunately, the other two went for the family.

The man started battling both at once. Steve knew he wouldn't last long like that. He had to beat this one.

The Zombie slashed at him with his arms. Steve blocked them and stabbed the Zombie. It fell over dead.

At least these ones aren't as smart as the Mojang Zombies, Steve thought bitterly as he ran to help the man.

The man had managed to kill one of the Zombies, but the other one had broken past him and was going for the woman and child! Steve wouldn't let that happen.

He threw his stone sword at the Zombie.

It impaled the Zombie's head, and it immediately died.

"Awesome!" the kid exclaimed. "Zombie guts!"

The woman laughed nervously and helped the man up. "Thank you for saving us, Steve," she said. "We're glad you're back."

"No problem," Steve said. "Although, Mojang erased my memories, so I don't remember you guys. Sorry."

"Oh dear," the woman said.

The six year old boy walked up to him and said, "I'm Louis. (pronounced loo-ee) I'm your best friend!" He held out his hand to Steve to shake.

Steve chuckled and shook his hand. "Hi, Louis."

"I'm Nina, and this is my husband, Jerry," said the woman. "We're Louis' aunt and uncle."

Jerry held out his hand, but didn't say anything. Steve shook it, and was about to say something when Nina said, "Jerry's a mute. Mojang cut out his tongue. That's why we joined the Resistance."

"One day, I'm gonna take over Mojang, and I'll cut out their tongues!" Louis said proudly.

The man smiled, and Steve saw his missing tongue. He couldn't believe Mojang had done that.

"Well, I better get going," Steve said, turning towards the doorway that no longer had a door. "I'm gonna help with Zombie shift tonight. See ya."

"Thanks for the help!" Nina called as Steve ran out the door.

He looked around. He couldn't see Ruby anywhere. The house she had been fighting at was clear of monsters, and a lady walked around inside the house. Ruby had succeeded.

Suddenly, Steve hear a hissing noise behind him. He knew what it was, but he only had time to turn around.

A Creeper.

Just before it exploded, it was decapitated. By an iron axe. Steve looked at the owner of the axe.

Jay stood there, hefting the iron axe with a grin.

"Saved ya again," he said. "That's 9-4 I believe."

"What?" Steve asked. He had no idea what he was talking about.

"Oh yeah..." Jay mumbled. "Stupid amnesia..."

"Where's Ruby?" Steve asked.

"In the middle of the village with Goley," Jay said. He seemed to remember something. "Goley's the iron golem."

"Okay. Let's go," Steve said, and he ran to the center of the village, Jay on his heels.

They reached the center and found Ruby and Goley fighting back to back. They slayed Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, and Creepers faster than a Silverfish.

Steve and Jay joined them. Steve felt content. He pretended every monster he killed was Notch.

With every monster he killed, he thought of someone Mojang had killed.

He would avenge those innocent Villagers from Harville.

He would avenge Good Spider and Porkchops.

He would avenge his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to check out my other book, "A Porkchops Story"! Read "A Minecraft Story" in Porkchops' point of view!

Thanks for reading, and remember to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist