Chapter 41

Steve's Point of View

Steve, Jay, Ruby, Alex, Godhand, and the dogs trudged back up the stairs and back to Creektown. When they entered the village, they discovered that it was already sunset. They had been down in the mine for a long time.

When they exited the mine, Manga walked up to them. "Lourd wants to see you," he said.

"Even the dogs?" Jay asked.

"Well, he didn't say no dogs," Manga replied, smiling down at Sadie and Jessie.

So the six people and the two dogs walked towards the center of Creektown. Most people were getting ready for bed. Goley was tucking little Emily in to bed. Goley was a great iron golem.

When they were passing one of the spare houses, Louis ran up to Steve and hugged his legs, since he was so short.

"I'm so glad you're back!" he cried happily.

"Nice to see you too, buddy," Steve replied, smiling as he gently pulled the boy off of him.

"Louis! Time for bed!" Nina called from the doorway of the spare house.

"Okay Aunt Nina!" Louis called back. He ran into his house.

They continued walking. When they got to the center of Creektown, Steve saw a familiar face by the well.

Todd.

Steve ran over to him and jabbed a finger in his face. "You're a spy, aren't you?!" he accused.

Todd simply raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that?" he asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that YOU TRIED TO KILL ME?!" Steve yelled.

"I told you, it was a joke. I'm not a spy for Mojang," Todd replied, and he walked away.

Steve hadn't said anything about Mojang.

"Steve!" Manga called from the doorway of the Town Hall.

Taking one last glance at the suspicious kid, Steve entered the Town Hall.

Jay, Ruby, Alex, and Godhand all sat with Lourd in his usual spot. Jay had his dogs at his feet. Manga and Steve walked up the aisle and sat down with everyone.

"It's time to create a strike team for the power plant attack in Sector 20," Lourd said once Steve and Manga had sat down.

Jay's hand shot up. "I want to go!" he blurted out.

Lourd looked slightly annoyed. "I was getting to that," he said.

"How many people do we need?" Ruby asked.

"I was thinking maybe ten," Lourd answered.

"Ten?! For a power plant? Man, Steve and I could do this ourselves!" Jay exclaimed.

"I am very aware of that," Lourd replied. "However, we need to be extra...careful." He said 'careful' cautiously.

"Why? What's wrong, Lourd?" Steve asked.

"We saw something...strange," Lourd responded.

"What is it?" Ruby asked.

"Tommy was out hunting today. While he was in the grassland here, he saw...iron ore rising out of the ground. It was pushing the dirt and stone out of the way, then when the ore was high enough, the dirt and stone just fell back into place. The iron ore rose really high, and hen disappeared, according to Tommy," Lourd explained.

"How is that even possible?" Jay asked.

"We're not sure. But there have been more incidents with this happening all around the Sectors. It's all over the news," Manga spoke up.

"I do have one theory, though," Lourd said.

Everyone waited silently for him to explain.

"Herobrine."

Everyone gasped, including the usually silent Godhand.

"B-b-but he's dead," Alex stuttered.

"He was dead. But someone brought him back, apparently," Lourd replied.

"Who could have done that?" Jay wondered aloud.

"I don't know. But that is why we're bringing ten people to the power plant," Lourd said.

Jay just nodded.

"So who should we take? Manga and myself are staying here," Lourd said.

"I want to go," Steve responded.

"Me too," said Jay.

"I will go too," Godhand chimed in.

"Okay, that's three," Lourd counted. "What about you, girls?"

"Um...I'm not sure," Alex said uncertainly.

"I want to go," Ruby said.

"No," Steve replied. "You need to stay here whee it's safe, and help protect the town if there's an attack."

"Um, excuse me?" Ruby said. "Who's the one who has needed saving three times now?"

Steve flushed, and was about to retort when Lourd said, "He's right. You, Steve, and Jay are the best fighters here. One of you needs to stay to help protect the town."

"Ugh. Fine," Ruby said, clearly unhappy.

Alex coughed loudly, then stood up. "I'll be right back," she said, and left hurriedly. Ruby glared at her as she left.

What's wrong with Ruby? Steve thought. I'll ask later.

"Okay, so we have three people going. Who else should we bring?" Lourd asked.

"Definitely Kirai," Jay said quickly. Steve laughed. "Because um...she's a good fighter." Jay added lamely.

"Okay. Who else?" Lourd asked.

"Tommy," Steve suggested. "He helped rescue me from Jeb."

"And Cupcake," Jay piped up. "That girl could beat me in a sword fight any day."

"That's six," Manga said. "Who else?"

"Lee and Dee?" Ruby suggested.

"Okay," Lourd replied.

"Todd," Steve stated.

"Who?" Lourd and Manga asked together.

"He's this creepy kid we rescued from Jeb," Jay explained. He turned to Steve. "Why do we want him?"

"Um...he's good at fighting," Steve said. Then he mouthed, "I'll explain later" to Jay. He nodded.

"Okay, that's nine. Who should the last member of the strike team be?" Lourd asked.

The door banged open, causing Sadie to bark. Alex strode inside. "I won't be going!" she announced. Ruby seemed to glower even more.

"Alright, that's fine," Lourd said. Alex sat down. "So shall we just go with nine people?" Lourd asked.

"Yeah, let's do that," Steve answered. "When should we leave?"

"Tomorrow morning. I'll notify the other members of the strike team tonight. Now go get some sleep," Lourd said.

Everyone except Lourd and Manga filed out of the Town Hall. It was dark now. Goley and two Villagers Steve didn't remember the names of were battling a few Zombies. There didn't seem to be as many as usual.

Everyone said their good nights and went to their house. Steve entered his and lay down on his bed, trying to sleep.

He was ready for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna go back and add a little something to the beginning of Chapter 40, so if you had already read that chapter before 6/5/15, go back and reread the beginning please. I had to add something vital to it.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist