I don't need help, I need a hug.

"And you know the rest..."

Samantha runs her hand through her hair and finishes explaining everything to Cameron with a sigh.

"You cannot tell this to Emily, Cameron... Please," she begs him with her eyes.
"I- I lost control earlier, and I di- didn't... I swear I just... I was gonna take one pill, but I couldn't stop myself."

Cameron looks half shocked and half like he's considering what to do with the new found information. And for the span of five minutes while he does so, Samantha feels her heart beat in her throat instead of her chest. It was useless to hope that Cameron would not use it against her, but what he did next just left her baffled.

"We're missing the party downstairs, let's go," and he turns around and leaves without waiting for Samantha.

Of fucking course he'd take his revenge while he can, for all the times she'd been mean to him. Samantha should've expected no less than this. It was her fault, she broke her promise yet again, so she deserves whatever was about to come her way.

Reluctantly she follows Cameron even though he was long gone and reaches the living room where everybody was still busy doing something or other. She scans the room and finds Emily talking to Rosanne and Cameron, smiling shyly before she raised her head and locked eyes with her best friend. She waves and signals her to join them, which Samantha does by slowly making her way towards them.

"Have you eaten anything yet? You must be hungry," Emily voices out her concern. Samantha wants to avoid Cameron's gaze as much as she can but she couldn't help but glance at him at that.

She waits for something... anything, but he doesn't utter a word. Resigning, she shakes her head and lets Emily lead her to the food table.

They'd been fed and content, both the girls, when they decided it's time they leave before it's too late. They decided to thank Rosanne for everything and bid their goodbyes before doing so.

Rosanne with Anthony, and Cameron had taken a seat at the couch in the living room, engaged in a serious conversation with a guy they didn't see the whole night. Emily places a hand on Rosanne's shoulder, careful not to scare her. Instantly she puts on a smile, that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"...a month later sound good? I mean, I'm already good, but considering what a loser Cam is, I think he'll need more time to recover," a voice says and laughs alone.

Samantha's eyes settle on the new guy who spoke and his wheelchair and a minute too late on his legs. Just when she realises who it might be, Cameron clears his throat to introduce them.

"Ladies... this is Rick, my best friend, the one who I travel with. And Rick, this is Emily and Samantha, we met them at the hospital."

Samantha couldn't focus while she heard a bunch of 'Hi! Nice to meet you' or when a hand or two shook.

"We were just planning about our next destination," Cameron casually says but Samantha could feel his eyes on her, she could feel that it was said for her to hear more, than anyone else.

"But... You- you both... Aren't you both unfit now? To travel?" Emily asks hesistantly.

"That's what his uncle and I were saying, dear. We almost lost you Cambear, we can't let you do that again!" Rosanne says, fear and concern evident in her voice.

"Aunt Rosa, we can't give up what we love just because we had an accident. I mean, I felt the urge to do that before but... But we can't spend our life sitting still or staying at just one place. To be honest, that scares me more than the possibility of another accident. I'll be as alive as I was before, if I have control over my life. So I've made up my mind, I'm gonna continue doing this with or without Cam," Rick finishes while softly looking at Cameron.