I draw stars around my scars.

A week later Samantha finds herself in the same recovery room, after the same procedure. What she did not expect was to find Cameron in the same room, too. He didn't seem to notice her yet and she didn't know if she wanted to be noticed. She was just glad that she could see him alive again.

There wasn't a blonde this time, it was a brunette with a medium height and an older age. Samantha figured it must be his mom. She sat on a chair beside his bed and caressed her son's head while muttering something inaudible to her.

Emily entered the room behind her in a few minutes, surprised as well to find Cameron still there. She looked at Samantha from the door, silently conversing with their eyes alone. She gave a little nod and made her way towards his bed, instead of Samantha's.

"Hey, Cameron," she greets and he looks up at her, surprised.

He takes a minute to recognize her with a frown on his face, but lights up when he realizes who she is.

"H-hey! What are you- what are you doing here?" he asks with a hint of a smile and confusion. He cranes his neck to have a look at the next bed. He understands why, after having an eye contact with Samantha, who looks away immediately.

"Oh! So we meet again?!" he chuckles.

Not wanting to repeat last times events, Samantha looks at him and tries to be a little more civil this time, by waving a hand.

"How are you feeling?" Emily asks catching his attention, once again. "You scared us that night, you know."

"Oh!" he mumbles. "Yeah... sorry about that... I guess. But yeah ... I'm all better now." He thinks for a moment before sparing a glance at Samantha and continuing, "All thanks to your friend there. I wouldn't have been able to call for help myself, you know. I... I owe her."

"It was her?" the older woman asks refraining Emily to reply to that and turns to look at Samantha. "Oh dear, thank you so much. How cou- how could I ever thank you for you kind favor?"

"It was probably nothing, you don't have to thank me," she replies plainly.

The lady looks at Cameron, not expecting the cold reply, which Emily doesn't fail to notice. She tries to do a bit of damage control on behalf of her best friend.

"I'm glad the surgery went well! When are you getting discharged then?" she asks Cameron.

"Tomorrow morning, finally! I'd go crazy if I don't walk out of here tomorrow," he answers and watches Emily giggle. "But why are you back here? Everything alright?"

"Oh!" Her smile drops. "It's- it's not that serious. We just started her dialysis last week. So... yeah," Emily says pointing towards her best friend.

Samantha mentally face palms at that because that was not necessary. She knew what would come next.

"At such young age?!" comes from his aunt. "What a shame!" she mutters but Cameron hears it.

"Aunt Rosanne, that's not very nice to say!" he frowns, catching her palm and squeezing it, to stop her from saying anything more.

She realizes that too and grimaces, trying to not meet Emily's eyes. "I'll go call your uncle and ask him to stay the night. I need to go home and prep for your return tomorrow," she gives a smile that reaches her eyes and Cameron simply returns it nodding.