SIXTEEN

•••

•••

" Delano! "

Freya squinted in the darkness as the familiar figure walked up to her. Sitting up, a wince left her lips at the pain in her ankle and head. Reaching her had up, Freya rubbed the ache on her head, feeling a bandage on it.

" Who's Delano?" The voice of Octavia asked from across the area. Freya squinted her eyes as she looked around for Octavia, finally spotting her leaning against a wall.

" Oh, thank God," Freya breathed out, resing her head back against the rough wall. " Are you okay? " Freya asked

" My leg hurts," Octavia mumbled out with a small wince. " Now, whose Delano? " Octava repeated

" No one," Freya grimaced. Placing her palms on the floor beside her, Freya pushed herself off the floor with a loud wince. Standing on her feet, she yelled out when her ankle sent a jolt of pain through her leg. Before she could fall, she steadied herself on the wall while taking deep breaths.

" You probably shouldn't stand on it," Octavia grunted as she too stood up on her feet. Freya limped over to her and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug.

" I'm glad you're okay ," Freya mumbled out. Releasing Octavia, she darted her eyes around to take in the area they were in. The small cramp rocky walls and the natural cold humidity told Freya they were in a cave. Having remembered the cave, she and Bellamy stayed in to hide from the acid fog.

" Let's find a way out," Octavia said before limping around Freya to walk the walls for a way out. Following closely behind, Octavia Freya dropped her eyes to Octavias' leg, which was burnt closed. Furrowing her brows cause she had heard of how Grounders close wounds after a batte; by burning it closed

" Moonlight," Octavia mumbled while looking up a whole.

" If you can climb it, I'll lift you," Freya said, limping over to stand beside Octavia

" You sure, I think you broke your ankle," Octavia worriedly sent a look down to freyas ankle, which was swollen and a dark bruise surrounding the area.

" Its a scratch, now come on," Freya grunted as she bent onto one knee, interlocking her hands to where she placed them on her thigh.

Octavia winced herself as she climbed onto Freyas' hand while reaching up to grab a root. Gritting her teeth, Freya began to lift up Octavia, closer up to the whole. " Almost there," Octavia gritted out

Soon, the root Octavia was using to help stable herself snapped, sending her falling in which she took Freya with her, both letting out screams of pain. " Son of a bitch " Freya yelled out as she curled her back to grab her ankle

" I am so sorry, Freya " Octavia breathed out as she stood up to help Freya stand up. When Freya stood up, her head hit something on the wall, and she reached up to smack it away while rubbing her aching head.