SIX

•••

•••

" It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground was wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is that it means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us, " Clarke dispersed the information that she had gathered. Hope bubbled in Freya's chest at the thought of seeing her family one again.

She hadn't really been thinking about her family as much as she would have liked. She hadn't found herself wondering what they were doing. Or if they were doing fine. She hadn't wondered if they missed her like she did them. Part of her was to blame, the other not so much with everything going on the ground.

" Yeah, the bad news is the Grounders will," Finn said flatly.

" Where's the kid with the goggles? " Wells asked after searching over the group, taking note of the missing member.

" Where's jasper? " Freya asked Octavia, who then moved her eyes to Clarke in despair

" Jasper was hit. They took him. Where is your wristband? " Clarke answered Freya before taking note of Wells' missing band. The blonde then shot her eyes to Freya's wrist and visibly relaxed at the small silver band still nested on her arm.

" Ask him," Wells said, pointing to Bellamy, who crossed his arms. Freya's eyes traveled over the muscles as the night memories flooded her mind, tainting her cheeks pink.

" How many?" Clarke diverted her eyes to Murphy, who stepped closer

" Twenty-Four and counting," Murphy smirked with his eyes lingering on Freya

" You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us! " Clarke yelled at Bellamy and the Delinquents

For a second, Freya staggered at Clarkes words. If, by chance, her wristband was to come off and her family would die because of that; she'd never forgive herself. Being the cause of a death would send her down a stream of dread and guilt that would last for ages.

" We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us! "

As the Delinquents cheered on Bellamy's words, Freya glanced over to Clarke, and the two girls shared looks of concern. Not just for Bellamy, but for their loved ones on the Ark still.

~

" What even was it?" Freya asked Octavia from her spot beside the girl. The small gash on her leg continued to bleed through her pants and Freya's shirt.