TWELVE

•••

•••

Squatting down by a bush that sat next to a tree, Freya moved some branches to the side to show the three eggs that sat in the fallen nest. The blue pigment wrapped around the hard shell to protect the life inside that was growing.

It seemed that when a life was taken, one was to be given right back. It was as if the universe was to say that the loss of one wouldn't be completely lost in the world. It was simply sent another soul into the world by the taken one.

" A Robin egg. Those are hard to find now. " The voice of Delano spoke behind Freya. Gritting her teeth, Freya stood to her full high once more with her eyes narrowed on the hatching eggs below her feet.

In a swift moment, Freya had turned and swung her fist at Delano. The grounder was quick to dodge her fist by swinging to the side and shoving her hand away by hid palm. With gritted teeth, Freya kicked her leg out, successfully kicking him in the abdomen.

Delano grabbed her arms and swung her around to kick her legs out, letting her fall to the ground. Holding her hands behind her back, Delano pressed his knee into her back, paralyzing any movement Freya wanted to make.

" You were sloppy, Kwin. Do you have something on your mind? " Delano asked when he let go of Freya's arms. The girl spun onto her back and stared at Delano, her chest heaving and her eyes angry

" Your buddies killed my friend," Freya gritted out angrily.

" I can assure you, kwin, none of my ' buddies ' hurt any of your friends," Delano assured, taking a step back when she stood to her feet once again

" Then who the hell did? " She gritted out, throwing some of the hair that fell into her face over her shoulder as she stared at Delano

" It was one of your own people," Delano said. For some reason, his words sparked an anger in Freya's chest while she stared at the grounder in front of her.

" One of my people! We may be troublemakers, but were not murders like your kind. " Freya spat out aggressively," you promised. " Her voice turned low as her voice cracked

" Kwin- "

" You promised to help us! You broke the promise, and now Wells is dead cause of it! " The girls shoulders shook as she sobbed out her words directed at the grounder who took her words peacefully." You said that none of my people had to die. "

" Freya, I promised that none of my people would hurt any of yours as long as you don't upset our leader. I can assure you, it wasn't my people who had hurt your friend " Delano stared at her as he spoke, his eyes soft like the kind of a father watching his daughter have a good time. '

" Then who did? Did you see the person who did it? Is there someone else out there that we aren't aware of? " Freya rambled as she began to pace in a circle from where she stood in the forest