1st chapter + Author's note

*Author's note* & first chapter all in 1.

First thanks for picking this book as your choice out of countless books on this app.

To all the new readers about to start this book. I'm adding this portion after I've published 5 chapters of this books.

What were you thinking when you saw the title of the book?
It's generic, It's repeating, too predictable.... Correct?

I mean the name of the book is CLICHÉ - as in a predictable, repeated plot.
But trust me it's nothing like a CLICHÉ.

I always wanted to test my readers intelligence.
Something that is simple yet so complex
Something that's predictable yet it's unpredictable.
Something that doesn't tell you but let you draw your own opinions& conclusions.

So I wrote this book as an example of even a predictable story can change readers viewpoint and have unpredictability, that keeps you guessing untill the very end.

As they say don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case 'name'.

But I won't tell you, I'll let you decide.
Go ahead if you are fan of comedy, romance, or suspense.

Coz trust me my friend this book is unlike its name.

CLICHÉ --- well not really 😉

              1. PRESENT DAY

'Back then, I didn't believe when you said; you will do this one day and now when this day is here' The voice stopped for a minute, I heard a deep breath.

'I am sorry... but I still cannot believe you are doing this, Deb.' His grumpy voice continued.
'huh' I whispered, mostly to myself, trying to slow down my fast-paced heart. 'This is it.' A voice said in my head.

I adjusted my tie. It is hard to take my eyes off the mirror, even though the mirror fell short to capture my 5'10" frame. I can stand there, watch myself in that blue suit all day long. I hate bragging but truth be told, this tux actually looks great on me. Not only the tux, but everything, from my well-groomed military crew cut hairstyle and trimmed beard to my high-end leather boots.

"You are acting like daddy's little princess." The voice in my head spoke again. I hate it. why am I so negative? Every time some good things happen in my life, my mind goes into a negative drive where it has a personality of its own and tells me all the things that is wrong with me. I want the devil's voice to stop. Atleast for Today.

'Seriously, I can't believe you are actually doing this.' Rahul said lounging around on the futon.

'How many times are you planning to whine about it?' I said.

Rahul continues to play with the Rubik's cube. Fully engross, He was trying to solve it for the past 15 minutes. Mostly to distract himself from the concern of being the only bachelor.

Choosing Rahul as 'best man' might not be the best decision I've made so far.
If you have a bachelor as your best man, he will give you a hundred reasons why marriage is a bad idea.
But I guess, it's better than a married man, because he will give you a thousand reasons why marriage is the worst idea.

'Well, it's hard to believe. For so many years, you were there with me. Now I am the only one left.' He grumbles.
'That's not true.' I said.
'Its true alright! First Naina than Abhishek and now you. Forget about those two, but I never thought you will get married one day.'
'True. Even I never thought about it.' I let out a nervous chuckle.

'That's not true is it?' the voice pops in my head again.
Well, it's not completely. Even though I had always told myself 'no marriage' after all those incidents. Still I can't change some things, I guess.
A person's feelings eventually change over the course of time.
'Will you stop staring in the mirror and talk to me. I am depressed here.' Rahul said disturbing my thoughts.
'Don't take tension. You will find someone.' I console him.
A depressed friend is the last thing I wanted on this day.
'Easy for you to say. You've already found one.'
'Well it wasn't easy and you know that.' I said adjusting my tie.
'How can I forget!!' He started laughing. Hysterically.
'what? sometime it takes a little long to find the one. Or in my case to be... Stop laughing dude this isn't funny.' I bawled as he continued to chuckle.
'It is, if you think about everything that lead to this moment. Or even now! You do know the people you invited right?' Rahul's laughter continued.
'Sure, laugh on my misery but you know what? One day... MY WATCH!' I shrieked at the empty wrist.
'Relax. I have it.' Rahul said reaching out for his pocket.
'I thought Kiara is going to be the one to freak out. But you are the one freaking out here.' he said passing me the Rolex.

'No, I am not freaking out.' I said but my rapid breathing told a different story, as I closed the strap of the watch.
'Don't you try to hide your anxiety. It's ok, it happens. I know it must be pretty hard for you.'
Ignoring his slight comment, I steer towards the mirror.

I am going to do this. Just relax, I am going to be an amazing husband. I took a deep breath.

'I look good, right?'
'Yes, you do.' Rahul replied and I continue to admire my appearance.

'You think, I made the right choice?' I said looking at Rahul's reflection in the mirror. My fingers running along the edge of my tie. Rahul looks befuddle with my sudden question, short on words. He drops the cube on the table. It lands with a soft thud. He composes himself to answer the question.

'Yes. You did make the right choice. I know it's been a little rough but she is perfect for you. And trust me, you will be happy with her. I mean Kiara is...'

'I was asking about my tie!' I said cutting him off.

Pin-drop silence in the room. Someone sniping us dead in the moment would have been better than this silence. We looked at each other, no clue what to say next.

'Ting tong... ting tong.' The shrill noise of bell cuts the stillness, saving both of us from the awkward moment.
'Who's that?' Rahul looked at me.

'DEB! OPEN THE DOOR! WE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM!' the female voice yelled.

Ting tong... ting tong... ting...