|8| 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍

Start from the beginning

"Look Harper, I know this is difficult, I understand but you need to keep your composure. You can't be brash, you know better. Just, don't let your emptions cloud your judgement. I need you with me 100%. So we can end this, together" 

She wanted to tell him that she couldn't be with him 100% because she could barely clear her mind to herself for long enough. Quiver's claws had rooted so deep into her mind that it became an aching presence she simply could not rid. Her control was so rooted, her influence so strong, Harper felt the world blur. She was losing control; her emotions were so high she could barely restrain it and when this happened it was breeding ground for Quiver. She thrived in her heartache, her turmoil, her indecisiveness. She relished in her pain, her guilt and flourished in her anger. Oliver wouldn't understand. The Titans couldn't. But they'd catch on fast enough, Jason would ensure that and they'd be quick to inform Oliver. What she'd do next would be justified. He just had to wait a little longer, even if it meant breaking his heart for now. 

"There's no together Oliver" she said, and she was certain she saw him waver as if his heart snapped in two." I'm going to find him, and you won't stop me. You promised"

"Harper, I can't let you do something you'll regret" Oliver croaked.

"I'll spend my life regretting not killing him. So don't try Oliver. You'll understand later, and I hope you won't resent me for it" 

He didn't understand her last point. Rushing to grab her arm as she turned, to bring her back and talk some sense into her. To understand what she meant. Resent her? He'd never, she's his daughter. How could he. But he didn't know how much she was slipping and as her heart shattered in place, Quiver laughed. That was her breaking point. Oliver didn't notice the way her eyes had shifted into melted gold, consuming her entirety as smoke filled where she once stood. His vision stung and when it finally lifted, Harper was gone, and Quiver could finally taste the sweet relief of freedom. 

The stadium was eerily silent as she trudged through the corridors of the second floor. Quiver wiggled her fingers, examining them before meeting Harper's eyes through the window. 

"We sure are a beaut" Quiver chuckled as she touched her face, giggling giddily as she spun for the window that reflected her bright yellow eyes and glowing grin. " Doesn't it feel amazing. You should've let me come out to play sooner, I didn't think it would feel this great to be let loose. Damn girl, we're going to have so much fun together" Quiver grinned as she whistled, taunts and jeers, calls for Merlyn to show himself echoed through the walls.

"Honestly Harper I don't know how you do it all. Living with Oliver after your parents, your brother and the Titans, Merlyn. You have a really fcked life, yet you still have such a compassionate heart. It's actually sickening, no wonder you could never get things done. But don't worry babe that's why I'm here and I'm not going anywhere any time soon." she chuckled before she stopped when she heard shuffling.