|8| 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍

" Dammit" she swore, her cry of outrage rung through the stadium. The lights returned with a profound brightness, harshly stinging her eyes that was glued to the now empty podium, the arrow discarded carelessly on the cement. 

"Damn you Oliver!" she yelled infuriated. She turned at the whiz of air, heavy feet landed behind her with a low thud. " What the hell were you thinking! I had him, he was almost mine!" she growled, stalking towards him as her glare pinned him to the ground. 

"Harper" Oliver warned, his tone low and threatening. Had she not been so encompassed in her rage towards him, she may have flinched. He had never looked so angry, not at her at least. "What was that?" he snarled before shaking his head, almost disappointed except his words were lanced with bitter disapproval. He had taught her better. He didn't understand, however. " You weren't thinking That was irresponsible, brash and completely unlike you. You directly disobeyed orders; you could've sabotaged this whole plan. You could've been killed"

She merely scoffed; the sound of blatant indifference stalled him. 

" I don't have to take orders from you anymore Oliver, you're not my mentor. I'm not your protégé. Merlyn wouldn't have gotten away had you not interfered. God Oliver, you let him escape. Again. Why is it you so keen on wanting to ruin me. why would you let him get away with this. "

"Harper, you need to calm down otherwise I'm taking you off this mission and I'll find Merlyn myself. Because you seeing him again was clearly not a good decision if it means you can't keep a level head."

Her eyes widened, betrayed. "You're going to bench me" she hissed as he gave her a stiff firm nod. 

"If it comes to that" was his reply. She felt her blood boil.

"I'm not a fcking child. You can't bench me, not from this"

" I can and I will, unless you stop behaving like one" Oliver snarked back and Harper felt her nails dig into her skin. Quiver's hisses had grown louder. As if sensing her turmoil Oliver's shoulders hunched, his gaze softened as he took a step forward.