| 20 | 𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛

Harper softly fiddled with the keys in her hand as she opened the door to the mansion with gentle morose footsteps and clipped breaths.  It had been a while since she had seen the aged worn down home she had sought great refuge in. From the neatly trimmed lawn that stretched further than the eye could see, to its ancient bricked build that stood tall and almost historical. Ivy vines creeped up the walls and she marvelled at the beauty that such a structure could possess. But also its resemblance to the Wayne Manor which sent a twist in her heart before she shrugged it off and entered the house.

Harper could hear the faint chatter  weaving through the walls, the lively chuckles coming from the dining room. The muffled voices accompanied by the chinking of glasses had her shrugging her bag higher up her shoulder before inching closer. Clearly they had guests over but when Harper heard the harsh sound of wind, she knew exactly who it belonged too.

A small smile pulled at her lips as she made her way towards her family.

" Harper!" a voice cheered when she caught sight of the tall brunette who stood at the entryway with her eyes sparkling with the familiar ease she felt whenever she was with them.

Harper's smile widened before she took a step back, her hands instinctively wrapping around the frame of the familiar woman with a stubborn personality that perfectly matched with her husband's.

" It's been a while Iris" she chuckled softly as Iris pulled her closer. The stunning wife of Barry Allen held the young vigilante in her grasp as she sent her a heartwarming motherly smile. Iris West Allen was a beautful woman. With her pitch black midnight curls that hung loosely down her back, curling around her shoulders, and framing her elegant  features with chocolate skin and bright brown eyes. It was no wonder Barry had fallen so head over heels for her.

" How have you been Harper?" Iris cooed as she laced her arm through hers and all but dragged the girl towards the family who had fallen quiet at her arrival.

" I'm okay" Harper told her, looking around the table. " I'm so glad to see you all- finally"

" Well it's a good thing a little birdie told us you were dropping in from Gotham. " a voice mused as he sent Dinah a wink. Harper flashed him a grin before she rushed over to his outstretched arms, pulling the older man into her embrace. His police badge dangled at his hip, ash littered the stray pieces in his hair, his eyes holding the familiar warmth and love he always had.

" I've missed you uncle Joe" she mumbled as the man squeezed her before she took a step back.

" Is there a reason you've all gathered here. I'm sure it wasn't just to see me." Harper said as Barry slung his arm around her shoulders.

"Ever the pragmatist Little Arrow" Harper rolled her eyes as the man had his feet kicked up on the table, a beer swirling in hand as his shoulder length hair was pushed behind his ears. " Still the name shaming nerd Cisco. Burn anymore new suits?"