|22| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚜

Her hands hooked around his shoulders as they stumbled into the abandoned cabin. A small giggle escaped her lips as Dick pressed his lips to hers, swallowing her euphoric happiness and replacing it with her burning desire.

She gripped his jacket feverishly, struggling to remove the material as he kicked off his shoes, his hands roaming her waist before her back thudded against the wall.

He pulled away from her, their heavy breathing filling the quiet and desolate cabin as she felt the room getting stuffy.

Her smile was wide as his hands lightly tugged on her waistband, pulling her closer as their chests pressed flushed against each others.

" What is this place?" she whispered breathlessly, taking in the antique looking wooden structure. There was just enough room for two. A table with some chairs, a kitchenette, and a bed thrown at the corner. It was homey but it felt almost eery.

" It's a getaway " he told her but this airiness didn't match his eyes. Harper looked up in concern as she held his sides.

" I doubt that Dick. " she muttered.  " You can tell me."

He sighed as he looked around the familiar interior that had kept him up at night. " Bruce sent me here when I was a kid. Sent Jason too. Would've probably sent the next unfortunate soul as well if he'd continued. I didn't know what was out here, in these woods."

" What did he make you do?" she said shakily, her eyes burning . " What did you do, Dick?"

" I proved myself. Without Bruce." he said, looking down as she held him like glass.

" You killed." When he remained silent, his hands softly trembling around her. She knew. She knew the same thing he endured, Jason had as well. Bruce was sick. He had always been, but this, this was unforgivable. " You were just a boy Dick. " she mumbled as she pulled him closer. He nustled into her embrace before she traced his face delicately, capturing his lips with hers. He kissed back just as needingly.

" Enough foreboding. Let's get back to where we were." he said, his eyes darkening as she yelped when he picked her up and moved towards the bed.

Harper tightened her grip around him, her laugh echoing through the forest and for the first time, he had a happy memory in that hell hole.