|32|𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

" So we turn ourselves in and then what?" Gar said as they all stood in the lounge facing Dick as he remained poised in front of them.

" And then we post bail, continue doing our work but in a less public way. Work in the shadows, take this city back night by night." He told them. Everyone was tired, she could see it and she could feel it. They were both physically and mentally exhausted and it was taking its toll on them. The group hadn't had a proper break in ages. It was just one fight after the other and now they had the whole of Gotham against them. Dick was trying to figure out a plan, and it was time they had to stray from their morals if they wanted to make it out alive

" It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be fast, but we can do it. If you have a better idea, please, now's the time." he said as Harper just glanced at her feet. They really didn't have any more options.

" They hate us" Gar mumbled.

" They've been manipulated into hating us, by Crane" Kory frowned as Ryder nodded. " They still hate us though." he said as she jabbed his side softly.

" Conner, Blackfire, what do you think?" Dick asked as Conner looked at them sadly. " It was brutal out there. I don't want to be looked at like that again. "

" Well, surrender isn't my thing. " Blackfire said. " But I'm used to people looking at me like I'm a monster, and I think he knows what I mean." She said making brief eye contact with Ryder. " So whatever you all decide on, I'm in."

" Kory, Ryder?"

" Blackfire's right. I know what it's like but it doesn't get easier. I'm in." he said as Kory sighed. " We've played it by the book so far and this is where it's led us." she looked at them almost in defeat. " So maybe you're right. Maybe we try a new way."

" Harper?"

Harper bit her lip as she met his gaze. " Things won't be easy from here. But we've got to fight. Oliver and I always remained in the shadows and it won't be so hard to go back to that. " she said, sending him a smile. " I'm in."

Dick nodded in relief knowing he had them by his side. He smiled lightly, shoving his hands in his pockets as he looked at them.

" All right then. Let's suit up. We go in together. As a team. As a family. "